Friday, October 22, 2010

CSS CAS Blog Hop

My goodness - 2 blog hops for me in as many days! This has been fun if a bit of a "challenge"! I have to let you know that CAS cards are the most difficult for me to make - I always want to add just one or tow more things. But - here it is, a CAS (Clean and Simple) blog hop. The challenge was to create a card with these requirements:
  • One image
  • One sentiment
  • One layer card - card base plus only one more layer
  • Embellishments - as many as you want but all the same color


You should have arrived from Melissa Schultz blog and I am quite sure that she shared another incredible creation. If you want to start at the beginning just head on over to the home page of StampTV.

I used Tami's Faithful Florals for this card.  The card base is Pure Luxury In The Navy and the white embossed layer was sent to me by the wonderfully talented and generous Karen Knegten. I used Distress Inks - Faded Jeans and Tumbled Glass for the flowers with a brush and then just Copic B37 to give it a little definition. I used a green marker for the stems. A little blue ribbon and that is it - CAS!


Now hop on over to visit Shannon Hawkins for what I am sure will be another amazing card. I sure am glad you stopped by and for leaving a comment! Have a great weekend! 

32 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

You rocked this challenged. A gorgeous CAS card.

Giovana said...

This is beautiful Miesje :)

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Miesje! I love the sweet bouquet and wonderful sentiment! Lovely CAS design!

Tina said...

Beautiful design!! LOVE the colors you chose for the flowers and the embossing is awesome!

Lori said...

You made it look so easy! Gorgeous!!

Betty Neville said...

Gorgeous card Miesje! Love it!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Gorgeous card! Love the navy and white.

Pat Jandacek said...

I'm partial to CAS though I don't make many that way. This one is absolutely gorgeous! TFS

Carolina said...

So beautifully done ~ great embossed frame and that ribbon with your delicate flowers is just the perfect touch - love it!

Becky said...

This is so elegant Miesje. Love the colors and the embossing.

Payne Holler Cards said...

elegant! perfect CAS

Kay S said...

Oh my goodness, Miesje -- this is an absolutely beautiful card. Love that embossed frame and your flowers are just perfect.

Melanie said...

love the depth you added to the flowers! must have! that! folder!!!

Deb said...

Soooo gorgeous! Karen will be proud of what you did with the frame she sent you! :) I love this! Such a beautiful, peaceful image that is perfect for this sentiment!

Melissa said...

This is such a beautiful card. I love how simply elegant it is.

Janeen said...

Lovely, I just purchased this folder b/c I thought it would make CAS cards very easy. I saw it on someone's post and caved in and ordered it on the spot.

JaniceAileen said...

Miesje, way to just kill this challenge! Your card is just perfectly beautiful! :)

Jennie said...

Wow, just beautiful Miesje! Love the way you did the flowers...think I am going to have to cave and buy that folder too... Now I have seen it twice, must be fate, lol!

stampqueen said...

Beautiful and elegant card - love the shades of blue on the flowers!!!

joy said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! Love your color choice and the ribbon adds a great silky texture!

Lagene said...

Gorgeous!!! Amazing!

Vicki Dutcher said...

That embossing folder adds such a elegant feel to your card! Beautiful work~~

Kary said...

Beautiful card, Miesje! I love the blue flowers and sentiment look against the white card front. The embossed border looks great and the bow finishes the card beautifully.

Linda said...

Beautiful card! I love the flowers framed by that beautiful embossing.
Linda,
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

Sandy said...

OOH, your card is gorgeous!!! Love the blue flowers accented by the bow and embossed frame! What an elegant added touch!

Unknown said...

OMG Miesje, your card is absolutely beautiful. So elegant, simplistic in a Coco Channel sort of way, so graceful, just lovely.

Everyone has made wonderful cards but there's only 2 that have blown me away so far and yours is one. As a matter of fact this is the only one I have commented on. I just had to tell you how much I loved it.

It makes me wish I could stamp and color.

Hugs and blessing...Tracy :)
cottonpickincute@hotmail.com

Chrissie said...

Simply beautifully clean and simple!
I love it.
Chrissie

Auntie Em said...

Wow! Love your card. Very elegant.
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Jessica said...

Absolutely fabulous!!! I love the colors! I just love lots of white with one pop of color, and you rocked it!

Pat Jandacek said...

A really gorgeous card!

Moments by Marla said...

Love it. You took to the challenge and rocked it. Beautiful card. Thank you for the fab inspiration.

Unknown said...

wow this is very pretty and like that embossing folder
thank for showing