Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Vine

I was thrilled to be asked to help showcase Melanie Muenchinger's newest stamp set designed for GinaK Designs called The Vine. It was one of those jumping up and down moments - and when I saw the stamp set, well it was love at first sight! The sayings were right up my ally and the design is totally Melanie! Today she is showcasing one of my cards on her blog, Hands, Head and Heart and here I am showing another card that I made. 

This first card was so fun and easy! I had ordered the silver doilies from StampTV and had not yet opened them. The right thing just had not come at me for it - until now.  I had stamped the verse first on GKD Pure Luxury White and it sat on my desk while I made 2 other cards with this set. One of those is on Melanie's blog right now and the other I will show at another time. Then the doilies popped into my line of vision and the card came to me and came together very quickly. I used my Spellbinder dies for the circle and the scalloped circle placed them on the doily and that is my focal image. Then I stamped the vine twice and silver heat embossed it on the GKD In the Navy card stock. I wanted a splash of color so I colored and cut out the flowers and popped them on. A few silver pearls finished it off. I stamped a single vine in blue on the inside of the card.
This second card is the fastest card I ever made in my life - truly it is! My stamp set arrived the day of the StampTV release party and I wanted to have a card to showcase for the party. I started stamping just at the release party was starting and posted it within the first hour. That included a badly photographed image too! This is a new photograph of the card. I stamped the vine on GKD white card stock and the verse on another piece. While trying (operative word here is trying) to keep up with the release party conversation I colored the vines and flowers and cut the flowers out. I then used the Spellbinder die that was out on my table from another project and a scrap of Basic Grey DP (can't find which one it was) for the mat around the verse. A little distress ink - some ribbon and some finely cut fancy fibers for the center of the flower, quick photo (in bad lighting) and posted it. 

Same stamps, same verse, two very different cards.

Thanks for stopping by and for your always welcome comments,

9 comments:

Melanie said...

I LOVE this card!!! Love the navy and the yellow, love the silver, love the vine around the doily! My doilies should be arriving in a few days!!) Thanks for sharing your story, see how great it is to just leave stuff out all over your desk?? ;)

I have to say it again, that is the best fastest card ever I've ever seen! :)

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Beuatiful cards, Miesje! This set is perfect for your creative style!

richardbreaks said...

Miesje, thes are so wonderful! I had to chuckle about racing to get a card up at the release party...I did the same thing!!!
I really LOVE the blue and silver. It makes the sentiment seem that much more important. The yellow flowers are the perfect touch!
Love both of thse cards so much... Congrats on your guest spot!

richardbreaks said...

oh, and THANK YOU so much for your blog love yesterday! You are a doll!!

buggin2stamp said...

Miesje, your cards are all so beautiful. Melanie could not have picked a better person to showcase her newest set. Hugs!

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh I am so loving that silver doily! How gorgeous and elegant is that!!! And I am so sorry I missed your card at the party....wow, its a stunner too! I wish I could make quick cards that looked like that!

Cheri said...

Fabulous cards, Miesje, and congratulations! I had to LOL as you described your "fastest" card.....but it sure is a beauty!

MariLynn said...

These are gorgeous!!

Kary said...

Hi Miesje! Congrats!!! So very happy for you. Your cards are always so beautiful. I absolutely love both the cards with Melanie's new set, the first one is so elegant and the second is so sweet.
Take care, and I can't wait to see more ;){hugs}