Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Poppin Birthday

Do you ever make a card that when you picture it in your mind it is so much better then when you actually make it? I was disappointing in this card but I decided to post it anyway.


I liked the sketch on Card Patterns and I still do like the sketch. I liked the technique on StampTV an I still do like the technique, I probably should have used a different stamp for it - or maybe different colors. Maybe the ribbon messed it up. Either way - not my favorite but will still go to a birthday kid who will probably like it - or the money that is in the envelope! LOL


This technique is called poppin pastels with a twist - the image was stamped with white craft ink then the chalks were used with a sponge dauber. It really was fun!




Recipe: 
Stamps: GinaK - Mehndi Wishes, Sentiment is from Candles on your cake
Paper: SU - brilliant blue, real red, yo yo yellow
Designer Paper: None
Other: Chalks, ribbon, Cuttlebug folder, spellbinder circle dies, brad, ribbon, twine

Challenges: 
Creative Mondays - Anything Goes 
Simon Says Stamp and Show...Anything Goes

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A great card! Eye popping colours! Sorry to be a bit tardy with my visiting this week! Thanks for sharing your work with the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show ... we hope to see you again soon!