Sunday, July 22, 2012

So Grateful: Matthew 11:30

This has been a challenging week for me so the verse today was perfect as is often the case for many of us stamping sisters over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!
Michelle is the challenge hostess this week and she chose another verse from Matthew 11:30. Be sure to read her devotion for this week over on SSIC, trust me it is well worth the read!
"For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Sometimes is certainly doesn't feel like the burden is light does it? It has seemed a bit on the heavy side for me this week. One of our daughters, Katie, is mentally challenged. She is 34 physically but about 5 in every other way. She lives with another challenged adult and a caregiver about 30 minutes away from us. She had to be hospitalized for the first time in her life on Thursday for swelling and a rash on her lower face, it was effecting her swallowing and breathing. It turned out she has cellulitis and she has been on IVs since then. She has been scared and really just wants to be home so we have been with her most of the time. 

Now as I am reflecting on this verse and thinking that my yoke and burden is heavy right now having to juggle life and other commitments around I realize that it really is not - mine is easy - Katie's is not. There are a lot of people praying for her and physically she is going to be fine but this has not been easy for her at all. She misses her routine, is worried about having missed two days of work as a bagger in the area grocery store and wants her own bed and her own things. I am again so very thankful that I do nothing alone - that Jesus shares the yoke with me and with Katie.

The challenge this week is; CAS - clean and simple.

This week our sponsor is A Day for Daisies. Be sure to stop and browse the adorable digis.

Don't forget to stop by my SSIC design sisters (listed on the sidebar) to see what they have to share this week.
It is always great to see you, thanks for the comments and have a wonderful week surrounded with God's love.





Recipe: 
Stamps: GKD - Hello Sunshine
Paper: GKD - white - Calypso
Designer Paper: BG - none
Other: Border punch from MS, ribbon, pearls, and a glittery frame from some bargain bin at sometime in my past. :-)

Challenges: 
ATCs & Cards With Attitude -  Anything Goes

 

6 comments:

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a lovely card!! Saying a special prayer for you and Katie today. I hope she'll be back home with her familiar surroundings soon! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Diane Noble said...

Miesje, this is such a sweet card, and I love the way you framed the flowers. Was thinking with all the dies I have I could make some of those ahead and glitterize them like this having them ready to go for just such an occasion! Thanks for the inspiration. Your post is just precious. I'm praying for Katie and a fast recovery, so her life and all that's familiar, safe and secure for her will surround her.

ellyscard creatief said...

Wat een geweldig mooi kaartje heb je gemaakt..

Wat a beautiful card you have made.

Groetjes Elly

ScrappySandie said...

Hi Miesje! Lovely card this week! Very CAS...elegant! Each embellishment is perfectly placed. The bright pink accents make this card so cheery! Hope you've had a great week!
Sandie

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love the simplicity and fresh look with the framing. Beautiful creation. I hope your daughter is out of the hospital and feeing much better.

Helen said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the white and pink and the pearls inside the flower with the frame! LOVE IT! Blessings! ~H