Sunday, September 23, 2012

Cowboy Birthday: Psalm 139:14

Happy Sunday! This means that Stampin' Sisters in Christ has another challenge based on scripture for you! God blessed us with 6 sons who have further blessed us with 11 grandsons - I am always looking for masculine cards to keep on the ready. I think this would qualify for young or old(er).


This week our ever Lovely Linda is the challenge hostess and the verse she chose is Psalm 139:14. Be sure to read her devotion for this week over on SSIC.
"I give you thanks that I am fearfully, wonderfully made; wonderful are your works. My soul also you knew full well;..."
Many years ago Jerry and I were very involved in Worldwide Marriage Encounter. One of the phrases that was used on the weekends was "God does not make junk". So often we may think we are unworthy or that we have just messed up too often for Him to still love us. It is important to always remember that God made us wonderfully, and He loves us always! I used to tell my children that there was nothing they could ever do that would be terrible enough for me to stop loving them - I think this verse is our Father telling me the very same thing! 

The challenge this week is; create a card/project with something handmade on it - could be a flower, stitching, patterned paper - show us your creativity!

See the frame around the boots? I used some gold cording and twine, I french braided them and then glued it on. Turned out pretty cool. Now the background just happened - the patterned paper is from Basic Grey called Curio. That dark border is part of the paper. I just laid the paper on the card stock like you see it and loved it. I took the cut off corners for the top. See - it just happened. The lovely image and sentiment are from Daydream Designs. You must check out these digis - they are amazing! 

This week our sponsor is A Day for Daisies. You will receive a $12 gift card to shop with. 

Don't forget to stop by my SSIC design sisters (listed on the sidebar) to see what they have to share this week.
It is always great to see you, thanks for the comments and have a wonderful week surrounded with God's love.





Recipe: 
Stamps: DD - Home on the Range
Paper: SU - Bravo Burgundy
Designer Paper: Basic Grey - Curio
Other: Spellbinder dies, twine, cold cording
Challenges: 
Inspire Me Fridays – Always Anything Goes
Simply Create Too - 2W - Week 2, Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge - inspired by a song - "These boots were made for walkin" 
 

5 comments:

Diane Noble said...

WOW...this is just a cute as it can be!! LOVE the way you've framed the boots with the cording and accented it with star. Every element is so well placed to showcase the image. Just love it! I also appreciate your thoughts on this week's verse. God doesn't make junk...I love that! Have a blessed week, precious sister!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Miesje - Love the way this card "just came together"! Great job! Great masculine card....sounds like you need plenty.
Blessings,
Michelle

Helen said...

Your card is adorable! I love the boots and your frame is awesome!!! Way to rock that challenge! Wonderful card! Have a blessed day! ~H

Marlou McAlees said...

what a beautiful card :) love this Scripture, very precious, ♥

Lovely Linda said...

Awww Miesje - I love this card - your paper is gorgeous and those boots - adorable! You are one amazing lady - God bless you Miesje - you are a shining light my friend! {hugs}}}