Tuesday, December 17, 2013

CSS December Inspiration Blog Hop

Since I am close to the bottom of the blog list this time you probably already know that this is the last CSS Blog Hop. I had all these "words" I wanted to write to express how I feel about my fellow CSS team meeting but I find that I cannot find the right words. Then I thought I would make my best card ever! But I did not, in fact I have made several cards and did not deem them "good enough" for this final farewell. So unless I find the perfect inspiration to make another card after work tomorrow this is it. You should have arrived from Melissa Shultz  where I am sure you saw an amazing sparkling creation.




I used one of my favorite Christmas stamps from the Joyful Holiday stamp set. I just love this tree. The sparkle is in the background which I did with several Twinkling H2O paints that I was playing with. I took this picture several times in several different places to try to bring out the sparkle. This was taken outside of my classroom since I needed the wonderful Florida sun to make the sparkle! 

I did it - I made a really quick card after work today using some glitter and foil and the Season's Greetings stamp set. My thumb print is on the sentiment but that was because the glue was not dry yet. Oh well - makes it "home made"! 

Now hop on over to Tera Fujan to see another work of art also from sunny Florida. If you get lost along the way or want to see all the creations again here is the direct link to all of us on Stamp TV.

Make sure to leave a comment as you go along because we will choose a random comment and that stamper will win a grab bag of Gina K. Designs products! Look for the announcement on Tuesday, December 24.



Thanks for the visit and have a Blessed Christmas!

34 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Miesje- these are both so pretty and I can see that you enjoyed creating them too!

Lori said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous Miesje!!! Great minds with the tree cards ;)

buggin2stamp said...

Beautiful cards! The swirly tree has been popular for this inspiration hop. I love the background effect on yours and the fun tinsel. I also love the shiny silver embossed card.

Cheri said...

Oh, Miesje, these are both gorgeous cards. I think you did an outstanding job with both of them and rest assured those "handmade" touches are what endear them to all of us. I'm so blessed to have been a part of this team with the caliber of talent as you produce hop after hop. Hugs and Merry Christmas.

joy said...

Outstanding job on both card - your foil card with the red ribbon is beautiful - quite stunning!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful couple of cards~ The swirling background of the tree looks like wind -- well done!!

Theresa Momber said...

Beautiful cards, Miesje! I love the swirly background technique. The ornament card is so elegant!

Brenda said...

Awesome cards Miesje!!! I love them both! The second one with the shimming swirls is so fun and elegant. Your first one is is so cool, I love the background and the tinsel is a wonderful addition.
Hugs

Diana said...

Such pretty cards. The shimmers are so elegant. Wonderful job!

windinstarsranch said...

Nothing you make looks home made. They look Hand made and they are lovely. Fingerprints just add to the character.

Kitty said...

Your cards are beautiful. I especially love the background on the first card.

Kathleen

stampqueen said...

Both cards are wonderful - love the simple but sparkly background in the first - I really need to break out my twinks more often!!! And I love the second one too!!!

Dee Earnshaw said...

Lovely cards, especially the FOILED card. Really stunning

Kay S said...

These are gorgeous, Miesje! Thanks for reminding me to pull out my Twinkling H2Os and use them! The background you created with them is so pretty. Love the embossed foil on the second one. It makes a perfect background for that sparkly ornament.

pressnstamp@yahoo.com said...

love both your card .. love the backgounds on both cards so pretty .
thank you

Unknown said...

So pretty. Love you backgrounds.

Sharon said...

Beautiful cards! Love how you did the background for the tree.

Penny Nichols said...

Great cards and love the embossing on the second one.

Unknown said...

I love both cards!

Judy Inukai said...

Beautiful cards. I really like the silver swirls on the second card.

Angie said...

So pretty! These stamps are lovely!

Lisa K said...

Both cards are beautiful. The gems look so pretty on the tree. Thanks for the inspiration of the hops.

Kathy Krug said...

Wonderful background for the tree. Love the red gems.

redwasher1 said...

Both cards are totally gorgeous!!! Awesome job!!!

Unknown said...

Love the Festive Reds! Merry Merry!

Dawn S. said...

Love both of these. The foil is so pretty!

Nana Griffin said...

Very pretty cards!

Sue D said...

Great cards. Love the background on the first one.

Debbie said...

These are both beautiful!! I do have to say that I absolutely LOVE the silver embossed one!!

Unknown said...

Love both your cards, the silver background is gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, sparkly cards! I especially like that foil background.

Tish said...

Love the sparkle of the paints.
great idea.
Tish

Betty Neville said...

These are both gorgeous, Miesje! Great job with the inspiration!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What stunning card designs. Both so very beautiful!