Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cupcake: Proverbs 10:20-21

Happy Sunday dear friends. I hope you had a good week. I am so glad that you could join us for another challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ.


This week  it is Grace who chose the verse for the challenge. The verse she chose comes from the book of  Proverbs 10:20-21.

"The tongue of the righteous is as choice silver, the heart of the wicked is worth little. The lips of the righteous feed many, but fools die for lack of understanding."
Those of you who follow my blog know that we have been blessed with 8 wonderful children (now adults) and that I am a grade school teacher in a Catholic School. One of the phrases that I used then and still use today with the little ones (some big ones too!) "Use your nice words." Do we use our lips to praise others and especially to praise God? Tonight at Mass I had the readings. Before I head up to the podium I always say a silent prayer that He might use my lips and my voice to proclaim His words. I also say that prayer when one of our adult children come over to "talk" to us about something important, asking that we (my DH and I) use words that He wants us to use.

I think that is why this challenge site is so important to me - we try to use our craft to proclaim a few of His words every week. Thank you for thinking it is important to you too. 

Create a card/ project that encourages and use a touch of silver.

For this fun girly card I chose to use two stamp sets from our sponsor this week MFT. I wanted to try the Sketches by Carly for the first time, it really was fun. 

Our sponsor this week is My Favorite Things with a $25 gift certificate to their store! 

Be sure to stop by my SSIC design sisters to see what they have to share this week:


Grace Nywening: Th-INK-ing of You
Lisa Hjulberg: The Craft's Meow 
Peggysue Turner: Roses By My Window
Rebekka Reed: Diamond in the Rough
Kristine Breach: Ink Something
MariLynn DeGroot - Mississippi McGyver
Sabrina Jackson - SJ Butterfly Dreams
Randi Barret: A New Creation (On break)

It is always great to see you, thanks for the comments!






Recipe:
Stamps: I used 2 stamps sets from MFT - Hello Cupcake for the sentiment and Jolene - Sprinkles on Top for the image.
Paper: SU - Pink Passion
Designer Paper: BG - green at heart and nook & pantry
Other: Stickles for the frosting and some gems for the sprinkles. Some silver brads and ribbon.
Challenges:
Top Tip Tuesday -  Any Project For A Child
Crafty Sentiments - Children's cards  
Shelly's Images -Anything goes
Charisma Cardz - Pink Birthday
4 Crafty Chicks - Brads
Creative Card Crew - Cute & Girly
Divas by Design - For the Girls 
Truly Scrumptious - Anything Goes
Claudia & Co Girls Birthday Card
Paper and Such Design - Birthday Card
BasicGrey - Use a Mix of BG products (green at heart and nook & pantry)
Send a Smile for Kids - Sweet Treats
Shannon's Sentiments  - Birthdays

Corrosive Challenges - 2E - Cupcakes 

23 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This scripture this week is a wonderful reminder isn't it...I hope my words are a blessing too. It is something to pray that our words would be glorifying to him.

Your card is darling!! I just love the sweet image and all the texture you added to the yummy cupcake.

Have a great day!!
hugs,
Chris

Grace said...

Your card is just adorable Miesje! I love how the icing looks down right real and it's making me hungry! Maybe I'll get a cupcake today as we are off to our DD's to celebrate her 36th bd! Loved reading your reminder on this week's verse! Have a wonderful week!
hugs,
GRace

Unknown said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love the dimension on your cupcake. Looks like I could just reach out and have a little taste of frosting. :)

Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Shelly's Images.

Kristine said...

Precious card Miesje, and awesome take on Carly's sketch!! THANK YOU for stepping out and trying it for the first time *Ü* We appreciate your support. She's gonna love this cuppycake card!! Love your "icing" and how you cut out those cupcakes at the bottom. Great job! Thanks again and have a wonderful Sunday!!

Lori Turner said...

Very cute card! I have to agree with that sentiment myself :) I love your image and the little brads in the corner add the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Becky said...

What a fabulous delicious card Miesje. Love how you did those cup cakes.

Debby said...

Your card is so cute! Love the frosting touch. Thanks for playing at SAS4Kids. Hugs and Good Luck!

Cindy Groh said...

Great job coloring in your image. The frosting looks yummy. Fabulously done. Thanks for joining us at Shannon's Sentiments this week. I hope you will join us next week as well. Cindy

Karen Hasheck said...

Awesome sweet treats card! Looks yummy! Thanks for playing with us at SAS4Kids!

Unknown said...

I really love the scripture and devotional this week. I think the tongue is the most powerful muscle in the body with its power to wield words!

Your card is lovely and I'd really love some cupcakes right now! I'm so glad that you joined us at Shelly's Images Show Us What You Got Challenge and I hope we see more of your creations in the future!

~kurlygirl Kurly-Q

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow what a cute card. Love your image and design. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the creative card crew!
Denise
CCC-DT

Chris (catt871) said...

This is really cute!!! I love the cupcake....yummm!!! THANKS for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge this week!
Hugs,
Chris

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

This cupcake is a fabulous technique! Thank you for joining us at Diva's by Design. Come back and join us again for a great challeng and prizes.

HUGS
Tammy Louise

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

This cupcake is a fabulous technique! Thank you for joining us at Diva's by Design. Come back and join us again for a great challeng and prizes.

HUGS
Tammy Louise

Caroljenks said...

What a sweet card - especially that cupcake topping....it looks yummy!!!

Thanks for joining us this week over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'One For The Kids' Challenge :)

Good Luck!

Carol x

kadie said...

Awwwww, I love this! Fun way to make the frosting on the cupcake!! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Claudia and Company!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Miesje, you brought a smile to my face just by looking at your sweet card!! Love what you tell your student too, such a great thing to install in children. There is so much hatred going on even in childred that I think it is important to teach them that "nice words" are important. Thanks for sharing!! Hungs and blessings, Sabrina

Regan said...

Cute card! Fabulous icing! The sentiment is good advice... Oh, and there are days I skip the cake altogether! lol Thanks for playing along @ The Corrosive Challenge! :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

You are our winner this week for our "Show us what you got" challenge at Shelly's Images. I am getting ready to make the post at our BLOG so just check in there for all of the details.

Unknown said...

That is a wonderful scripture to memorize and keep in our hearts. I am thankful for your work as a mom and as a teacher, I was taught for eight years in a Catholic grade school and remember my teachers fondly! Have a great weekend!

Lovely Linda said...

YUMBLY card Miesje! I love that image and the delish icing - fattening just to look at it! LOL! What a blessing you are to so many Miesje - if only we all prayed before we spoke - there would be much better outcomes to mnay situations! Thank you for sharinf Miesje - you are a blessing! {{{hugs}}}

farmhouse-story said...

sweet card! i love how you did your frosting on the cupcake:)

Carly said...

Hi!
This is such a pretty card! I love what you did to the cupcake. :)

xxCARLYxx