Sunday, September 25, 2011

Prayers and Blessings: John 16:32

Happy Sunday, I am so glad you could join us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ for another challenge based on scripture! Another hot day here in Florida - hope you are experiencing a few Fall pleasantries where you are. Even though it is hot here I am still going to transform my house into my favorite colors of Fall today and crank the AC down.

The challenge this week is  to create a card / project that either says "Blessings" or uses an encouraging Scripture.... but it should be created to be a blessing to someone who may be going through a difficult time. If you know someone personally going through dark times... why not take this opportunity to make a card for them and send it to them!



This week Grace is the hostess and the verse she chose is from John 16:32. Be sure to stop by our home page to read her wonderful testimony. 

"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."
Peace, sometimes not the easiest to come by, especially when we are facing tribulations as we all do from time to time. My card says, "Prayers go up and Blessings come down". Isn't that awesome and very true. Not always the blessings we think we wanted but blessings none the less; especially if we choose to see them as such. Those of you who follow my blog know that things have not been easy at our home. My mother passed away a few weeks ago and my husband is undergoing chemo and radiation. Add to that full time jobs. Well, blessings have been coming down! A friend is cleaning my house once a week (for free) and my co-workers are providing meals three times a week. WOW - those are blessings!

This card was pretty easy to make. I used stamp sets from 3 different companies - how fun is that? I used markers to color the words - red embossing for the butterfly and popped up the center circle. The hat pin with the bow and pearls added just the right touch. 

Our sponsor this week is Pink Cat Studio with a 5 free digis!

Be sure to stop by my SSIC design sisters (listed on the sidebar) to see what they have to share this week:

It is always great to see you, thanks for the comments!







Recipe: 
Stamps: Lovely Labels2 - GinaK Designs, Blessings - ODBD, Butterfly Kisses - TCM
Paper: GKD Pure Luxury White and black and rocket red
Designer Paper: StampTV kit
Other: ribbon, red embossing, hat pin, ribbon

Challenges:

MFP - Wings
Simon Says - Use Punches or Dies
Raise The Bar - things with wings

11 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

Wow, that is gorgeous. One of my favorite color combinations. Love that beautiful stick pin too. Thank you so much for playing along with Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week. It is a pleasure to visit and see what you created for us. Good luck in the drawing and hope you can play again with us next week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Grace said...

Hi Miesje! Your card is positively stunning! LOVE the color combo and that frame is just amazing! You are in my heart and prayers dear sister... I know these are difficult days for you but I'm praying that God reveals Himself to you in new and wonderful ways as you walk this journey!!!
{{{hugs}}}
Grace

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Miesje! Love the colors and love this sentiment.

Brenda said...

Miesje this is gorgeous!!! I love the black/white with a pop of red, fabulous! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Speedy The Cat's Friends Challenge.

Harriet Skelly said...

What a great sentiment! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a great card Miesje!! I just love the sentiment and your design with the frame.

I know life has been difficult lately. I am praying for you!!! Your friends are so special and to be treasured. Wish I could be there to help you out as well.

hugs,
Chris

Clare said...

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful card!

Payne Holler Cards said...

gorgeous card!
have continued to keep you and husband in prayer - blessings are coming down (-:
hugs
oops and thanks for joining us at Speedy the Cat this week (-:

Lovely Linda said...

Dear dear Miesje - what an fabulous card - I love your sentiment and the stunning colours! I am always touched by what you share Miesje, knowing you have so much going on in your own life and always an encouraging word for others - God bless you my friend - you and your family are in my prayers! I {{{heart}}} you! {{{hugs}}}

Unknown said...

Hey sweetie, I was out of town and didn't have time to stop by until now. This is a lovely card and I'm amazed with everything going on you find the time to craft. I am continuing in prayer for your family. HUGS!!

farmhouse-story said...

i'm so sorry for the loss of your mom, miesje. your posts are always so positive and encouraging, i wish you happier days ahead. beautiful card and sentiment today:) happy wcmd!