Saturday, January 26, 2019

Love You


This card, though it looks rather simple, took me a while to make. There were stops and goes and redoes and grumbling, I just had a really difficult time pulling it all together. I still don’t “love it” because it didn’t turn out the way it was in my mind.

I made this for the January challenge on GKD which was to use a sentiment as the mail image. I used one of the foil sentiments that Gina sold last year, it was the background that had me frustrated. I ended up using one of the stamps from Lisa Hetrick called Just a Little and then I used foil on score tape as stripes and on the bottom border. The sentiment was foiled and I used the tag  die from the GKD Foil and stamps collection. I couldn't find it on the beautiful new website but that is where I got it. 

Thanks for looking and have a week filled with blessings. 

1 comment:

Johanna said...

I like it but I understand your frustration. Sometimes we see it in our minds eye but no matter what we do cannot quite get it the way we see it. On occasion the results are better than we expect. I find that a card grows on me over time, but I have to not look at it for a while and then when I do I see it with fresh eyes. If I really don't like it at that point I usually pull it apart and reuse bits of it in other ways, but most times I find that it works quite well in the end.