Sunday, May 2, 2010

SSCChallenge

Hello fellow stampers! Happy Sunday and welcome to my first ever guest designer blog post! I was so excited to be asked to do this that I made 2 cards and then I couldn't decide which one to send so I sent both! Here is the first one I made. Knitting always reminds me of love. Living in Florida there is not often a need for knitting sweaters and scarves but I did it anyway when my children were little. I also sewed most of their clothes, they often matched. Ah - the good old days! 

This card was made with a stamp set designed by Nina Bracket called "Nana's Needlework" and is sold by GinaK Designs. The designer paper was from BasicGrey called Nook and Pantry. I made the bow from little strips of ribbon and colored the yard with copics. I used some wood patterned paper for the baskets using paper piecing. The buttons were found in my pink button container. Yes - I really do organize by buttons (and just about everything else" by color. 


The second card was also made with Nana's Needlework only with this one I used the wonderful quilt image. I actually made many quilts for quite a few years with my sister. We had a great time doing that and even sold a few at local craft shows. I paper pieced the quilt with DP from SU. The ribbon bow directions I found on this blog. (through Nina's blog where I first saw this flower style) It does require some drying time and strong glue. These were both fun cards to make and sewing on them was bringing back some wonderful memories. 

Now hop on over to SSCC and upload your card for the challenge. Just do something with sewing, you can sew on the card or use a sewing theme and do some faux sewing using a piercing tool. I look forward to seeing all of your entries! Have a Blessed week! See you next Sunday.

8 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

both of these are stunning! your attention to detail is amazing! I am so happy for you - Guest Designer for SSIC is a biggee!!!
big congrats! you are going to be awesome .....{{{hugs}}}}
Linda

craftieodmae said...

both of these cards are absolutely gorgeous!! Congrats again!

peggysue said...

How sweet both of these cards are , . . . and wow, what a dedicated mom you were sewing for eight children! But those are precious memories for them I am certain, I still remember the things my mother sewed for me when I was little. . . thanks for such great inspiration for your first guest designer post with Stampin' Sisters in Christ, what a blessing to have you on board this month!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Miesje - CONGRATS to you! THAT is an awesome to be chosen!! These 2 cards are beautiful - a beautiful first sample as GD - Yay for you!!

Grace said...

Wow oh wow!!! Jiesje you REALLY rocked your fist challenge as GDT for SSCC!!!! We're so excited to have you with us!!! I love this set and love what you did with it! LOVE the quilt! That's another of my passions... though I have not made one since we moved south...it's too hot to quilt! LOL! Love the paper piecing and all the papers you used on both cards!

Candace said...

Both cards are soooo cute!!! I love both images! I especially love that BOW...wow! Hope you have a great week! :)

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Miesje - two cards - wahoo!! They are both gorgeous Miesje - I love the way you have used the theme of the challenge on both of them and created something so different with each - fabulous work with Nina's images! Thanks for sharing - it is a pleasure having you as GDT this month! {{{hugs}}}

Linby said...

two fab cards. particularly like the knitting one.
Linbyx