Sunday, August 8, 2010

Happy Mail - Philippians 3:13-14

Sending happy mail, for those of you who are in my age range (closer to 60 than 50) how many of you remember running out to the mailbox to get the mail and how happy we were to get a letter or card from someone? And how many cards do you have sitting on your shelves that you do not send? I know that I am guilty of that.  For the challenge this week Lisa wants us to make a card of apology or one of reaching out to someone encouraging them to put the past behind them and move forward. A great way to do that is to send a card - the card you make!

This week Lisa chose the verse that hit me right between the eyes - (hate when that happens!). This is the verse that she chose from Philippians 3: 13-14:
"Brothers, I for my part do not consider myself yet to have taken possession. Just one thing: forgetting what lies behind but straining forward to what lies ahead."
It is not easy for me to not look back and say "if only" I had done that or said this. I cannot go back and undo what has been said or done I can only move forward to live my life better, to say kinder words, to not worry so much about what may happen. When I go to God and ask forgiveness for my sins and shortcomings I must totally trust that those sins are wiped clean. I must believe with all of my heart that how I live my life now matters - not the many mistakes that I have made. If not - my life would not be worth living. Thank you God for your healing love!

I made this card using a stamp from Simon Says Stamps (our sponsors this week). I encourage you to go to their site - they have many wonderful stamps and supplies. I did a lot of paper piecing with this card and had fun doing it.

Thank you stopping by! Please leave a comment - I always read them. Have a week filled with blessings!

 





Recipe:
Stamps: Happy Mail - MFT stamps sold by Simon Says Stamps
Paper: SU Pretty in Pink and Elegant Eggplant
Special Paper: Basic Grey Green at Heart
Other: Spellbinders Impressability, Distress Inks, MS Border Punch, Flowers and dew drops


Challenges:
Stars and Stamps: Use designer Paper
Mojo Monday : Sketch Challenge
Cute Card Thursday: Anything Goes
Stamp Something: I used the colors
Dutch Dare: Anything Goes
OCC Sketch: The sketch
 

12 comments:

Becky said...

What a right and happy card Miesjue, love how you paper pieced this.

peggysue said...

That's funny Miesje, not only did we use similar images this week but had similar thoughts! I like the way you paper pieced your little image, very sweet.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love your card, the colors are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Operation Write Home!

JustYolie said...

Beautiful colors and love the sentiment! :)

Grace said...

Hi Miesje! This is just adorable!!! Oh I love the papers you used and the pretty flowers.... one of my favorite color combos! Thanks for sharing your heart today as well.... so true! Have a wonderful week!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Miesje!! This is simply adorable!! I love the purple and how you paper pieced the image. So cute!! Thanks for sharing your words on that verse as well. Such an insight. Have a great week!
hugs,
Chris

Teresa said...

your colors are beautiful and the sentiment awesome. i love your work and everytime i come to your blog i am inspired.

Basslady said...

wonderful card with great colours!
love the image!

many blessings,

xoxo silvi (germany)

Julie said...

So cute! I love the colors.

Thank you for joining us at CCT!

Julie

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Miesje, I always look forward to seeing what you have craeted and what you share!! Love this image and so beautifully coloured! Your words are so true Miesje and inspiring! God bless you!{{{hugs}}}

Annie said...

a cute image on your card! thanks for joining us at CCT.
hugs, annie x

Rose said...

oh what a precious image and your card is so pretty. love the paper pieced dress :) thanks for joining us on the OCCSC this week