Sunday, March 13, 2011

Thank You Prayer: Matthew 6:21

Another week has flown by and once again it is time for another challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ.

This week it is Lovely Linda who challenges us with this verse from Matthew 6:21

"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."
I love this verse Linda! As you see I chose to make a thank you card - there is a reason for that. I am surrounded by treasures. Tonight, at Mass, I had treasure behind me and next to me. At work, every student is a treasure as are the people I work with. And my family - well - treasures in every way! That is where my heart is! Okay - not always do I look at it that way, but I should. And the thank you is a Thank You to God for the many treasures in my life.

Linda challenges us to use something you treasure on your card - whether it be bling, flowers, something new or have been saving for a long time - show us your treasures!

My card was made using the Angel Anya image from Greeting Farm at Simon Says Stamps. My treasure - well see that gold panel - I have had a small package of the Premium Craft Foil from Spellbinders for a long time and have not used it. This seemed like the one to use it on. I embossed the foil with a Cuttlebug folder. I paper pieced Angel's dress and the bow in her hair and used some liquid pearls on her wings. Gold is something that many people treasure but to me - people are the greatest treasures in my life - including all of you who share your lives with us in "Blogland"! May you all have a wonderful week filed with God's treasures. 

Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamps with an adorable stamp set.

Be sure to stop by my SSIC design sisters to see what they have to share this week:


Grace Nywening: Th-INK-ing of You
Lisa Hjulberg: The Craft's Meow
Peggysue Turner: Roses By My Window
Rebekka Reed: Diamond in the Rough
Kristine Breach: Ink Something
MariLynn DeGroot - Mississippi McGyver
Sabrina Jackson - SJ Butterfly Dreams
Randi Barret: A New Creation (On break)

So glad you stopped by today.
 




Recipe:
Stamps: Greeting Farm - Angel Anya
Paper: SU Lavender
Designer Paper: Cosmo -  Cricket - Pixie-Licious
Other: Nestibilities, Cuttle bug folder, Spellbinders Craft Foil, gold ribbon, bead, and charm

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamps - Anything Goes
7 Kids College Fund - Mardi Gras Colors
Outlawz - Wednesday Sketch
PaperCrafting Journey - Things with wings - my angel
Aly's Sunday Challenge - Anything Goes
Let's Ink it up - embossing - the gold panes is embossed

12 comments:

Becky said...

Good morning Miesje.
Adorable card this morning, love how you paper pieced her dress and bow and love that cute little thank you.
I pray you will have a fabulously blessed week.
Hugs :)

Unknown said...

Oh what a cute image and what great thoughts to start off the day! I have treasures near me when I sit in church as well, and actually the entire congregation is a treasure and we will all celebrate in heaven one day! I am chuckling at how many of us had been saving bits of things that we finally pulled out to use on our cards today, Linda had a great challenge!

Kristine said...

Beautiful card Miesje! Your gold foil paper is lovely, as are the sweet wings of your angel =) Cute Cute! I treasure not only my family but my online blogging buddies too. Sometimes when things aren't going so well in life they are the ones who encourage and lift us up. Have a blessed Sunday!!

Grace said...

Oh Miesje.... your card is adorable and I love the gold you have treasured for so long! Love Anya's wings! This is just adorable in every way and I loved reading your thoughts on today's verse! Have a wonderful week my treasured friend!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Miesje, I just love the gold panel and your darling Anya with the paper piecing! I just love your take on the scripture as well. We do have so much to thank God for. Have a great Sunday and week, treasured friend.
hugs,
Chris

Unknown said...

Super cute, love the gold with the purple. Great embossing too. Thanks for playing along at LIIU, good luck. Suzanne x

Sabrina Jackson said...

Hi Miesje, just stopping by to tell you that your sweet Anya card is absolutely gorgeous!!I love all of the gold and those angel wings.....amazing!! Thanks for sharing this beauty!! Have a blessed week! Hugs, Sabrina

Shirl said...

Ooooo very pretty and I love the embossed background. Thanks for sharing with us at let's Ink It Up.
Hugs Shirley x x

Lynn B. said...

That gold foil is perfect for this challenge! So many people treasure their real gold with such pitiful results in their lives. Your use of this gold is perfect!

Kathy said...

What a adorable card and a beautiful creation.
So happy you submitted this to The Simon Says Challenge Blog.

MariLynn said...

Miesje, what a cute little card. I love how the gold looks behind your angel. Such a pretty treasure to put on your card. Thank you for the reminder to be thankful to God for our real treasures as well as the temporary blessings that are in our life. Thanks for sharing your insight!!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Beautiful card, love the liquid pearls on her wings. Thanks for joining in our Purple, Green & Gold challenge at 7 Kids College Fund.

Hugs,
Wendy