Sunday, June 19, 2011

Faith: Hebrews 11:1

Happy Sunday and thank you once again for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ for another challenge based on scripture! I am out of town this week so I have this post pre-scheduled - having faith that blogger will cooperate and post it on time!

This week the super talented MariLynn chose the verse and the challenge. The verse she chose comes from the book of Hebrews 11:1.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen." (KJV)
Faith is difficult to explain to someone who does not have faith. Faith just is - I know I am loved - I know that He is and that I am His. It is knowing that no matter what happens I am never alone. Faith just is. 

I made this card using one of the new stamp sets from ODBD called Serve the Lord, I also used the circle die cut that coordinates with it. I stamped the image 3 times - twice on white and once on ivory. I colored on one of the white and cut out the poppies. I popped up the ivory circle in the middle to make it look 3D. I placed 3 ribbons on top of each other to make it look full. The doodling is faux stitching.

The challenge this week is to make a card that you doodle on. Do not be overwhelmed by this (like I was). As you can see I doodled the faux stitches and I also kind of doodled the stems on the poppies. See - easy! 
Our sponsor this week is Our Daily Bread Designs with a gift certificate for your shopping pleasure.

Be sure to stop by my SSIC design sisters to see what they have to share this week:

Grace Nywening: Th-INK-ing of You
Lisa Hjulberg: The Craft's Meow 
Peggysue Turner: Roses By My Window
Rebekka Reed: Diamond in the Rough
Kristine Breach: Ink Something
MariLynn DeGroot - Mississippi McGyver
Sabrina Jackson - SJ Butterfly Dreams
Randi Barret: A New Creation (On break)

It is always great to see you, thanks for the comments!






Recipe:
Stamps: ODBD - Serve the Lord
Paper: GKD - Ivory - SU - green
Designer Paper: Basic Grey - hello luscious
Other: ribbon, pearls, Nestabilities, ODBD die cut

Challenges:
MoJo Monday - Sketch 
DDH Challenges -  Pearls and Lace 
Anyone for Anya -Stitching
Creative Inspirations - Stitching

9 comments:

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Miesje, love this new set by ODB.

Unknown said...

I am praying you are enjoying your vacation!! Well deserved I must say! And this is a lovely rendition using ODBD's new set, just gorgeous!

Grace said...

Miesje this is absolutely stunning! GREAT use of this fabulous stamp and the border and die cut! I love love love this set and you have shown it in all it's glory! Hoping you are enjoying a wonderful vacation! Our kids left just a little bit ago and I miss them already but have much to do to catch up so that will help fill my lonely moments! Have a wonderful week!!!!
hugs,
Grace

MariLynn said...

Wow!! What an amazing card. I love the colors in the stripes. I love the dimension of your poppies. Aren't poppies fun to layer? I love the way you have yours colored. The lacy look of your card really adds elegance. Great job with the sketch and great job with your doodling!! I hope you are having a fun, blessed week!!

Brenda said...

Miesje this is gorgeous!! I love the papers you used and your beautiful coloring.

Kristine said...

Very pretty card Miesje! Love your zigzag doodling too! *Ü* It's gonna be a great day for sure. Hope you are enjoying your summer so far! Hugs =)

Hannah Clark said...

Those flowers are just gorgeous! I love the doily look! Thanks for joining us at DDH!

Doodlecraft said...

What a great card--love the vibrant flowers! Fabulous coloring and the works! Thanks for joining the fun at Anyone for Anya this week, however in order to qualify for the prize you must use a TGF or CC Design image...hope you join us next week! :)

Nat
doodlecraft.blogspot

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Miesje - this is just gorgeous! I love that image and the matching Dies - beautiful! Gorgeous colouring my friend - your work is always so elegant - love it! {{{hugs}}}