Friday, July 29, 2011

The Vine - one more time

Being the guest designer for Melanie Muenchinger's newest stamp set designed for GinaK Designs called The Vine has been such fun. I am thrilled to have her showcase another project of mine using this wonderful set on her blog, Hands, Head and Heart and here is one more card that I made this week. 


I had scooted over to StampTV last night to see what challenges I have missed and could catch up on. Well the last challenge was to CASE a card of Carolina's. So I found this one that I liked and used it to make this card.  Then this morning I realized that oops, that challenge was due last night! Oh well, on to this weeks challenge which is being hosted by Carolina and (lucky me) the challenge is to make a CAS card! I think this qualifies, don't you?

I do not think that I have ever colored on Kraft paper until this one. It is amazing how different the colors look. Anyway - a 1 layer card using some of the stamps from "The Vine". I stamped the flowers directly onto the Kraft and colored with Copics. I ran the Kraft partially through the Cuttlebug and then used some purple Stickles to add the dots. I used a Spellbinder tag die and some ribbon that I still had from SU. The sentiment is from Melanie's set called Wild at Heart. I had a few leaves left over from another Vine project and used them to add to the tag. Hope you like it!

Thanks again Melanie! This has been a great time for me and I appreciate the opportunity with this great stamp set! If you would like to win a free set of Melanie's (and who wouldn't) become a follower of mine and leave a comment on Melanie's blog!

Thanks for stopping by and for your always welcome comments,




Challenges:
Some Odd Girl - thank you
Simon Says Stamp and Show... - Anything goes

12 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

This is awesome Miesje!! LOVE the coloring on the kraft like that!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!!

richardbreaks said...

Love BOTH of these cards, Meisje!!! All best!

Michelle Woerner said...

This is just beautiful! LoVe the kraft base and perfect pops of purple and green!

jean w. said...

Love your card! Great that you were Melanie's guest artist too! Hope to win a set of hers! Thanks for a chance!

Dan said...

Great card, and the overall look is so sophisticated! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Holly Young said...

Just beautiful! I love how you dotted the glitter on your embossed part. So happy you played in Squigglefly's challenge this week!

Chrisd said...

The flowers and kraft paper really look great together. What great work!

Jan Castle said...

Lovely card!!!! Like the view out your window!
Jan Castle

Sarah Rice said...

this is lovely! i dig the embossing!

thanks for playing with us at some odd girl

Kary said...

Hi Miesje! This is a beautiful card!! I love the soft colours with the kraft. Really gorgeous!

Pat Jandacek said...

What a great blog you have! Came via Melanie's suggestion and am so glad I did. This card is beautiful and I'm wondering how you did the embossing on just that portion of the card. Or does the embossing also wrap around to the back? That would be a solution, I guess...just wondering if there's another way. The liquid pearls changes the argyle pattern from what I've always thought of as male to a very feminine look. Wonderful!