Tuesday, August 9, 2011

School Owl

Here is another card I made this weekend. Is this not fun? I have 13 grandchildren and I am very blessed that 12 live within about 10 miles of us. This year we are having a "Cousin Back to School Bash" at our house on Sunday. The grand-kids are invited - their parents are not! The oldest is 11 and the youngest is 3. It is going to be fun with lots of lake time. Anyway----one of our grandsons, Hunter, lives too far away so I am sending him this card. He is starting Kindergarten in a few weeks. Oh - and if you have a minute - say a prayer for us (the grandparents) on Sunday!
This card is also for the TCM sketch challenge, I really liked this sketch! 

I really played around with this one because I wanted to personalize the card just for him. So I added a box and wrote his name in it. It was simple and a lot of fun. These new stamps from the last release were fabulous!


Thanks for stopping by and your comments are always treasured!
God Bless,


Card Recipe:
Stamps: TCM - Owl Be Seeing You in Class and Owl be Thinking of You
Paper: SU: Brown and Artichoke
Specialty Paper - October Afternoon and some from TCM
Other: cuttlebug folder, Copics to color, Spellbinder die - some puffy stickers

Challenges Entered:
My Sheri Crafts - Back to School
Send a Smile for Kids - Anything Goes must be for Kids
Crafty Catz -  back to school
Fabulous Friday - color in an image
Simply Create - favorite animal
Heart Song Inspirations -  Back to School
TCM - Sketch

18 comments:

Jessica Griffin said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks for participating in the Heart Song challenge!!

Karen Hasheck said...

This card is beautiful! Love the colors and all the special details! Thanks for joining us at Send a Smile 4 Kids and please come back soon!

NanaConnie said...

What a delightful card! Love that little owl image and all the school related papers. Terrific design and I know Hunter is going to love getting this! You're going to love having that passel of grandkids on Sunday. :-) Wish mine lived that close. My closest are 200 miles away and the furthest are on the East Coast while I'm on the West. :-(

NanaConnie said...

Ooops, forgot to say thanks for joining in on the Heart Song Inspirations challenge. I guess I was just too take by the card! :-)
NanaConnie HSI DT

Aunty Sue said...

Great card forn back to school thanks for joining Crafty catz this week

auntbeespickles said...

What a darling card for your grandson. How sweet! Sounds like you better go to bed early Saturday night! You all will be exhausted but oh the memories! Have a wonderful wonderful time! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Send A Smile 4 Kids challenge. Good luck and I hope you will come back and play again with us!
Hugs, Sarah

Becky said...

This is adorable,I would love to get this card and I am 56 :)

lindyloo said...

perfect for our challenge at craft catz this week with your super work linda x

carol said...

super card, thanks for joining us at CRAFTY CATZ for our back to school challenge, x carol

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I love the way you sat the owl on the pencil and customized the sign underneath!! Way to go Miesje!!! Truly wonderful!!!

Love and hugs,
Lisa

Lisa said...

Wonderful job, thanks for joining us at SAS4Kids

Davi said...

A darling card for your grandson! Im sure he will be so happy to receive it since he can't join the others. So pleased you joined us at HSI this week :)

Dana Joy said...

Such an adorable card for the HSI challenge. Thanks for joining us.

Hugs
Dana

Shannah said...

This card is absolutely adorable! Thanks for joining us at the Heart Song Inspirations challenge this week! Hugs, Shannah (HSI DT)

Anonymous said...

Such a darling card, Miesje! The owl is super sweet, and I really like how you personalized the sign for Hunter. Thanks for sharing this with us at Heart Song Inspirations. Praying you have a great time with your grandchildren tomorrow! :-)

Designing with Debbie said...

Great card. I love all your elements. Thanks for joining the HSI challenge this week. Good Luck

Sheri said...

Great job with that sketch! I LOVE the mix of textures and papers! Thanks for joining us this week at My Sheri CRAFTS ;-)

Kary said...

Hi Miesje! This card is SO cute!! I love it. The owl looks adorable and what a great design. Have a lovely weekend!!