Sunday, August 7, 2011

Thanks: Lamentations 3:22 -23

Hello again, it is Sunday and I am so glad you could join us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ for another challenge based on scripture!


This week the Lovely Linda is our hostess and the verse she chose is Lam 3:22 -23.

"The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning."

Is this not the most amazing promise ever?! A love and mercy that never ends, no matter what we do, no matter what we face He is there. There are times in our lives when we have to climb a mountain, that mountain could be in the form of many things and is different for everyone. Right now our "mountain" is cancer. How incredibly wonderful to know that He climbs that mountain with us. 

This week my card did not come together easily. I am not even sure if I like it. I got my new stamps from TCM and really wanted to make a card to thank our many friends for their prayers and this stamp set is perfect! I am just not sure if I like the colors I chose. Anyway - I added a Magnolia stamp and gave her a cross to hold. I used the crimper (rarely used but had to have) on the main card. 

This week we were challenged to dig deep into our craft cupboards and use something from my stash that I 'just had to have' cause I would use it everyday....but have forgotten about...! That would be my crimper. I have several of them. For this card I used the swirly one. I think I had only used it once before.

Our sponsor this week is Clear Dollar Stamps with a $15 gift card.
Be sure to stop by my SSIC design sisters (listed on the sidebar) to see what they have to share this week:

It is always great to see you, thanks for the comments!






Recipe:
Stamps: Telegram from TCM and one of my treasured Magnolias
Paper: SU - Purely Pomegranate
Designer Paper: BG - Basics White and Indian Summer
Other: Crimper, charm, ribbon,

Challenges:
Allsorts - Colour RED
Raise The Bar - anything goes
Charisma Cardz - Bingo - charm, ribbon, circles
Some Odd Girl - 2W, SIO - 2nd week - Thank you

12 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

I luv this, the colors and the adorable image, very sweet.....you won't believe this but I just bought my very first crimper yesterday...lol....I know it is the first ever tool, but I have never had one and I luv the look...I hope you have a super duper day!

enjoy *~*

Mummylade said...

This is such a lovely creation Miesje! Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

Becky said...

I think This is just lovely Miesje, I just love this stamp and the colors look great together(may have to get this one). :)
Have a great day
Hugs.

Traci M said...

I think your card is so pretty, Miesje, the colors really bring out the sweetness of the Tilda image, and I love the cross charm she is holding!! We have been through the trial of cancer in our family also...and I am glad you are feeling his arms around you as you go through new challenges. I will pray also!!

Kristine said...

This card is so adorable.... and touching too! What a nice way to say thanks for praying. I don't have anything like that so I may need to look into this stamp :) I'm so thankful God's mercies are new every morning--I rely on that to get me through! Don't we all?! You're in our prayers often Miesje--for your whole family. Hope this week is full of blessings!

Gem said...

beautiful creation! Thanks for sharing at Charisma this week :) Gemma x

Gem said...

beautiful creation! Thanks for sharing at Charisma this week :) Gemma x

Amy Sheffer said...

How beautiful! Love the thank-you checkboxes -- cute!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Miesje - what ana dorable card - I am so glad you got that crimper out - the result is lovely!! Such true words you have shared from the heart - you and your family are in our prayers dear friend! {{{hugs}}}

Lagene said...

This is adorable! Great stamp!

MariLynn said...

What a great card. I should have thought about my crimper. Although I wouldn't have been able to use it. My daughter "lent" it to a friend and I haven't seen it in months. :(
I hope you are having a fantastic week.

Clare Brown said...

such a pretty card, love how you have got her holding a cross.Goodluck at Charisma this week.

hugs Clare x