Sunday, August 21, 2011

Thank You: 2 Timothy 1:7

Hello again, it is Sunday and I am so glad you could join us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ for another challenge based on scripture!


This week our creative Marilynn is our hostess and the verse she chose is Timothy 1:7.


"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."
Fear is a powerful emotion that is very debilitating to some some people. I remember when I was in an automobile accident during a violent Florida rain storm. It took me many years to not be afraid of driving in the rain. Now I just know to use caution but I am not afraid any longer. We really do not need to be afraid of anything because we are never alone. We are loved!

This week we were challenged to try something that you might have been AFRAID to try before now, examples... a new technique, a new color combo, a new style (CAS if you are a layered stamper, or reversed).

I am NOT a CAS card maker and definitely not a single layer card maker. So this was out of the norm for me. I also do not often use the technique of coloring on the stamp, then spritzing water on it and putting it straight on the card. It worked!

Our sponsor this week is Paper Fashions with a $15 gift voucher.

Be sure to stop by my SSIC design sisters (listed on the sidebar) to see what they have to share this week:

It is always great to see you, thanks for the comments!






Recipe:
Stamps: Various Verses from GinaK Designs.
Paper: GKD Pure Luxury white
Designer Paper: none
Other: markers and a water spritzer

Challenges:
CAS Sunday Challenge - Must be CAS
Creative Inspirations Paint - CAS (Clean and Simple)
Challenge Up Your Life -#50 No patterned paper
Designed 2 Delight - Anything Goes
Inspire Me Fridays - always anything goes

16 comments:

Becky said...

This is beautiful Miesje, beautiful yellow's on those flowers.
You have a wonderfully blessed week my sister.
Hugs :)

Traci M said...

This is gorgeous with the vibrant colors against a white backdrop! I love this little dose of sunshine!!
Have a blessed week resting in God's promises!

Grace said...

What a beautiful CAS card Miesje! I love it! I too am uncomfortable with single layer cards but you sure did rock this one! Thanks for your thoughts on today's Scripture as well! They blessed my heart as I'm sure they did many! I am finally back from my traveling but snowed under with requirements, but looking forward to getting caught up and back to my sisters soon!!!
hugs and continued prayers!
Grace

Teresa Kline said...

you have done an amazing job with your one layer CAS...you look like a pro at it...hope your week is super!

enjoy *~*

Lovely Linda said...

Oh I am loving your CAS card Miesje and single layer too - very cool! I have also done a single layer card - it is not something I do too often! Thank too for sharing from the heart my friend - you bless me! {{{hugs}}}

Närrin said...

A wonderful clean and simple card, fantastic.

Thanks for joining us at challenge up your life.

greetings
Esther

Francine said...

This is a lovely card Miesje ! I love C&S style :-)). Thank you for playing with us at Challenge up your life!

dstandard said...

I'm always amazed by how awesome simple designs are - fabulous! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

MariLynn said...

This is gorgeous. Great CAS card.

Sarah said...

Your card is awesome! I love the beautiful color. Thanks for joining us at CI Paint. Hope you will join us again. Hugs, Sarah

Kary said...

This card is sweet, Miesje!! Love that flower image.

pothys said...

Samudrika pattu Marvelous sarees cool designs and print in work of saree i love all
by Revathi

sundari said...

Wow Crystal totally amazing dress love everything about it! by Theeeeee

Hanthana said...

really awesome.priyanka looks beautiful.... by revathi

Unknown said...

Education is not the filling of a pail,but the lighting of a fire. A human being is not attaining his full heights until he is educated PMP Training chennai

Pure Kanchipuram Silk Sarees - ARRS Silks said...

Beautiful and excellent collections of Lehangas, Designer Sarees, Pure Kanchipuram, Gents Wedding wear - https://www.arrssilks.in/