Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Blue Christmas


I learned a lot making this card! That is always a good thing and I am going to share what I learned. I did make the background with alcohol inks and then (I learned) ink lifting - look closely and you can see that there are snowflakes lifted off of the ink. In the process I also learned:


  1. ink lifting works better on newly created backgrounds - I tried it with an older background that I had made and it did not work as well.
  2. heat embossing on Yupo paper doesn't go very well
  3. I should have brought the die that went with this cool set from Waffle Flower - it would have made what I had in my head a whole lot easier!!!!
I heat embossed the Merry on regular white cardstock and then I fussy cut it out. The Christmas I silver embossed on vellum. I then found a few shiny snowflakes for embellishment. 

Thank you for looking,
Miesje


No comments: