Saturday, January 9, 2010

I {heart} you!

It is a cold and rainy day - yup even in Florida. It is past noon and I have not seen the sun yet! Great day for crafting. I should be cleaning, I should be grading papers and doing my grades, I should be doing the laundry, BUT I cannot waste a perfectly bad weather day like this and not sit up in my craft room and play. So until it is time for church tonight I am crafting! 

I made this card for a couple of challenges. 1 of them was for making a Valentine's card without using red or pink. Hmmm - took some thought and playing but I got one. The other challenge is for the Monday color challenge on StampTV which was to make a card using green and blue.  I used the Tech Talk stamp set from GinaK. I love this set! I took the words "Happy Father's Day" and took out the "father" and put in the heart using masking. I embossed with vanilla embossing. Used a corner punch and a heart punch. The card stock was Wild Wasabi and Night of Navy from SU. The designer paper was just in a box of random paper that I have collected. So here is my non-traditional valentine card. Guess one of my sons will get this one. :-)

1 comment:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I love how you dd this with the black and herringbone! I didn't know you had a blog but I am putting a link on mine now so I can get here easier! It looks wonderful!!!!