Thursday, April 8, 2010

God is!

I made this card for the Friday challenge over at StampTV, it was to use the polished stone technique. I have never done that one so I watched the video - realized I did not have about 3 or the things that I needed but thought (mistakenly) that I could substitute with things I had here. I will leave out all the details but the final result is that they are all in the recycle bin! Then I headed over to Splitcoast to see if there was another way to do this. They had one that called for embossing an image first so that is what I did. I clear embossed the images from Sending Sunshine - then I used paper towels and a couple of reinkers and the rubbing alcohol and whala - there it was. While it was drying and I was at the eye doctors the idea came to put the cute little deer in it. That is how the finished product has the little deer resting on the forest floor. The scene was just so serene to me that I had to find the right saying that conveyed what I wanted to express. I found that stamp in my old SU religious stamp sets. It fit.

PS: After my eye doctor appt. I ran in at Michaels and got the missing supplies so there will be a "correct" polished stone card in my future. Thanks for looking.

No comments: