Monday, April 19, 2010

Sending Smiles


Sending out the cards I make is a challenge in itself! I want to display them, look at them, touch them, and keep them forever so that this admiration society can keep itself going for a while. Selfish - Yup! So Gina from StampTV challenged us to make a card that would create a smile AND to send the card away. OMGoodness, that second part is the hardest! This card is sending smiles to Wisconsin all the way from Florida. I will kiss it goodbye tomorrow. I also created this card for the CPS163 Sketch Challenge and the JUGS29 Color Challenge, and the SSCC Flower Challenge and the Flutter By Wednesday #105 challenge. This is a record for the number of challenges with one card AND I actually like the card! I used the StampTV stamp set called Spring Mix, Copics to color and Pure Luxury card stock from GinaK. Thanks so much for the visit.

7 comments:

Danni said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

AKiteFlier said...

Beautiful card and great coloring - you have it here on your blog so kiss it and send it off LOL - I used to be the same way but I actually send them now and my recipients love them as will yours. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. You did a super job with this color palette. We appreciate your participation and support. :-) Hope to see you again next week.

Sue Lelli said...

I agree with Stampin' Pam! That's the beauty of a blog. You have it on record but can send so much joy to the recipient by just mailing it away! For my Mom's cards, I never sign the actually card, I put a sticky note in it so she can remove the note and pass the card on! Your card is so sweet and pretty and is begging for an envelope!

Maria said...

Lovely card great image. I am bad about sending them out as well, but you should because whomever receives them will love it! Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week.

craftieodmae said...

I absouletly love this, such great textures with the diffrent embossing, gorgeous card!

Lovely Linda said...

You made me smile - I guess we have all felt like that at some stage, but I am sure the recipient will be so thrilled to get this card and it aill be all worth it! Love the image and those gorgeous flowers! It is great to see you play along with Stampin' Sisters in Christ - we look forward to seeing you next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Mona Pendleton said...

This card is so pretty! I like how you paper-pieced the butterflies. All the texture looks fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls :)