Sunday, August 12, 2012

Home: John 14:1-6

Hello dear friends, happy Sunday! Tomorrow it is back to work for me and all the teachers in our area. As much as I love being home I am very grateful that I have a job that I love. But today I am home and  Stampin' Sisters in Christ has another challenge based on scripture for you!


Our wonderful Traci is the challenge hostess this week and she chose a verse from John 14:1-6. Be sure to read her devotion for this week over on SSIC, I am sure it will be wonderful!
"Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way where I am going."
Kind of a wacky fun card this week. Lots of different papers and even the house is a tiny bit crooked. This is just the way I wanted this little house to look because that is our home! We were blessed with the 8 children we adopted; they are all different (you can click on the all about me tab to see my blessings) and together we are a home!

The challenge this week is; Create a card that depicts something that says "home" to you.

This week our sponsor is DRS Designs. Be sure to stop and browse the wonderful stamps.

Don't forget to stop by my SSIC design sisters (listed on the sidebar) to see what they have to share this week.
It is always great to see you, thanks for the comments and have a wonderful week surrounded with God's love.




Recipe: 
Stamps: GKD - Home is
Paper: GKD - white, Key Lime
Designer Paper: GKD - Hello Sunshine
Other: Spellbinder twine, heart
Challenges: 
Sketch by Carly - Sketch # 51

 

12 comments:

Candace said...

Hi, Miesje! I love the bright colors in your card. They are so happy! I hope you have a wonderful week! Hugs!

Diane Noble said...

What a fun and delightfully playful card. Love the colors, sketch and the sweet little image. A perfect card for the challenge, Miesje. Your creations always are pure delight!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Miesje - This is such a fun card. I love the twine (I need to get some of that) and the and the charm, but that house is oh so cute! When you said it was crooked it made me laugh. My house is 160 years old and it is crooked in some places! When my hubby has done work (lots of work over the years) he would get so frustrated putting trim in corners that are far from 90 degrees! :)
I never thought of framing my card. Maybe I will put it on the shelf where my quilt is hanging :)
Have a blessed week!
Michelle

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a sweet card!! That sentiment is oh so true!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Traci M said...

Miesje, this is the cutest house...didn't there used to be a nursery rhyme about a man who lived in a crooked house? I am sure you have the most loving home there is...and your card is adorable!! I wish you a wonderful week at school and lots of stamina!

Safdar Ali said...

This is so nice card. Beautiful design with so nice color, I am designing the Plastic card, will you give me some ideas for the best designing?

Unknown said...

That sketch is great turned on its side! Such a sweet card and adorable home.

ScrappySandie said...

Hi Miesje! Your whimsical house is so cute! Love the colors and nice variety of DP's you used! So cheery! Have a good week back at school!
Sandie

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Beautiful colors for your card Miesje! Great job!! Love what you did!! Thanks for taking part in our challenge at Sketches by Carly. Hope to see you again on Friday for our next sketch. Have a terrific day!! Hugs, Gloria

Unknown said...

You must have had such an interesting home when your kids were growing up! I know I enjoy seeing the photos of your kids that you've chosen to share over the years (wow!) that I've known you now. Isn't that neat? Love getting deeper into relationships. Wishing you a blessed week!

Helen said...

How fun! I love that little house and your paper piecing! Love your fun papers and clouds,too! Have a blessed day! ~H

Julie said...

What a cute and fun card. Thanks for joining us at Sketches by Carly
Hugs,
Julie