Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Brimming Coffee Cup

Yesterday I said I would retake the picture of this card made with the cute digital stamps from Daydream Designs. So here is the full card.

Now I have to put in a disclaimer here. After work today I had an appointment at the eye doctor and my eyes were dilated. Well, everything is still kind of blurry and the words on the card look blurry but not sure if it was the photographer (with the dilated eyes) or me looking at it now. Oh well....

Working with digital images is fun because you can print out the images any size you want. I made the coffee cup, from "Perfect Blend" rather big and used some Stickles to give it some dimension. I played around with the brown panel trying to figure out what look I wanted - finally ran some twine up and down. I added a bow and some brads. Love that sentiment from "Coffee with Friends".

Thanks for coming back! 

I entered this card in the following challenges:
Anything Goes Challenge -  Make your own background
Make it Monday - always Anything Goes 
Simon Says Stamp and Show... - Anything Goes 







12 comments:

Candy C said...

Very cute card! I really like the chocolate brown background and the cream die cuts you have on top of it. The twine that is striped on the brown is really a nice touch of interest on the background. Love the coffee cup, too! Cute sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Marissa Isabel said...

This is such a beautiful card!!
Thanks for sharing your project at MIM!
I just want a cup of coffee :)
Blessings
Marissa Isabel

Shirley-Anne said...

I love the colour combo here and the clever use of the twine with the scallop edge .
Thanks for sharing with us on Make it Monday

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Beautiful card and nice colors. It invites really to come and drink a cup of coffee.
Lovely greet
Marja

Diane Noble said...

Meisje, this is fabulous! I love it. Love the color scheme and use of the Bakers' twine...so clever and creative. Love the sketch and that shaped frame for the image. Such a cute card. Nothing looks blurry from here!!! Fantastic card!

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,Thanks for sharing with us at Anything Goes.xxx

emma mitchell said...

What a gorgeous card .
Thanks for sharing it with us at anything goes challenge.
Hugs Emma xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Really love how you used the baker's twine on your great card! Popped in from MIM103 - thanks for the inspiration :o)

Marlou McAlees said...

absolutely fabulous!!! loving your card :) x

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a great card!! Love how you used the twin!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Suzie's Card Den said...

Wonderful card with a great background just perfect for our 'Make your own Background Challenge'
Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Julia said...

I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!
My entries are: #165, #189, #217, #227 and #228.
I would love to have you visit my blog!
Hugs,
Julia