Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Faith is Hope

The minute I saw this stamp set by GinaK Designs I knew I had to have it for a number of reasons starting with the fact that some of the proceeds would go to help the people in Haiti and the wonderful saying and the awesome butterfly. I had a fun time with this set. I stamped the butterfly on vellum and colored it with Copics. Then I just spread out some card stock to see what colors I wanted as the backdrop without taking away from the image and the saying. It took a little while to come up with the colors and finally decided on the stark contrast of yellow and black. The layout was for Sketch Girl challenge and the StampTV sketch layout. Double entry! That does not happen to me very often. Then I browsed on over to Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger and saw that challenge to use yellow - well - - this is yellow!

7 comments:

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

This is beautiful!!! Great color combo and that butterfly is beyond amazing. So striking and so different from your other card. You are right about the sketches...very similar! I will have to give Jennie a hard time seeing as how she is a Sketch Girl too :>)
Thanks for playing along again!

Melinda Spinks said...

Such a beautiful card! Absolutely love the butterfly [great minds think alike ;)]

Lea L. said...

Such a pretty card!! The dry embossing is great! Great job with the Tuesday Trigger challenge!

♥♥♥Lea

Jess said...

Stunning card! Love the striking color combo and touches of bling!

Harriet H said...

Elegant card.... the butterfly is absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you for joining Sketch Girls challenge and look forward to seeing your creations again.

Harriet

Melanie said...

beautiful Miesje! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Miesje! What a beautiful approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks for playing along! :)