Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wood Grained Birthday

I finally got my box of goodies in the mail today and my fingers have a blister from cutting rubber. :-) Then for tonight's challenge I didn't even use them because I couldn't picture the card with pastel colors. Anyway - this is my first attempt at a wood grained look. It was made for the Blast from the Past challenge on StampTV. Since I do not yet own a Scor-Pal (on my wish list - hint - hint!) it did take a while to make the score marks on the card stock with a ruler and a mini scorer. I used the Guiding Light stamp set from GinaK, a button and some twine like ribbon. The second bird is cut out and popped up. The words are from the new Spring Florals set from Gina. I like having some masculine cards in my stash. 

1 comment:

craftieodmae said...

Scor-pal or not, absolutely gorgeous!!