Saturday, July 31, 2010

Yellow Chaise

Yes, this certainly is yellow and black! I really did like the way that it turned out. Over on StampTV there has been a challenge called CHA Envy! Yup - those of us who wish we would have been able to attend but couldn't. There were 3 challenges in all and I have had a blast making cards for them. If you read this post before tonight rush over and enter. There were a total of 3 challenges. I have posted two of them on here and will post the third one I made next week. I do not like to post more than 1 card per day.

Anyway - the challenge for this card was to use the colors black and yellow and a hint of another color was allowed. This is the last of the 3 envy challenges I made because I had a hard time coming up with an idea. Then I was browsing through some of the other challenge sites and came across Simon Says Challenges and there was a challenge to use dots and a prima flower. The light bulb went off above my head and I created this card. I really like it when that happens.

There was nothing difficult about this card - I inked up the swiss dot cuttlebug folder with black ink then stamped the chaise and cut it out. I also cut out the vase with the flowers after coloring the image. I used the Vintage backgrounds stamp for the large dots and Wa-la, there it is! 

Thanks for the stop by - be sure to come back tomorrow for the newest Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge! 

God Bless,



Recipe:
Stamps: Gina K.'s Vintage Backgrounds, Fine Furnishings Additions, Lovely Shelf
Paper: Pure Luxury Black and Wild Dandelion
Other: Ribbon, Nestability, Prima flower, black stick on bling, Copic Markers

5 comments:

Becky said...

I love this Miesje!! This black ribbon is just perfect with this card..

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Great use of Nina's set! Love those polka dots!

Betty Benton said...

This card may not have been difficult but it sure does pack a punch -- it's just wonderful!

Lorraine A said...

WOW !!! this is absolutely stunning !! The image is fab and the papers and colours you used are really striking !! Fantastic card :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous, striking colours.
luv
Debby