Friday, November 26, 2010

CSS Inspiration Blog Hop

It is time for another Stamp TV CSS Blog Hop. So while the turkey leftovers wait to be consumed and the Christmas shopping season has officially begun, grab a cup of pumpkin spice coffee and enjoy the cards from the CSS team members. You won't be disappointed. This time the blog hop is an inspiration challenge from the photo below:


And this is the card I made.


You should have arrived from Melissa Schultz blog and I am quite certain that she shared another incredible creation. If you want to start at the beginning just head on over to the home page of StampTV.

For my card I decided to go with the colors from the photo and I also thought that the jar from Melanie's Buds and Vases stamp set would go very nicely.   The card base is Pure Luxury White and I also used Gina K Pure Luxury Red Hot and used a Cuttlebug folder to create the circle background. I stamped the jar on the white and cut it out. I "filled" the jar with some buttons. I used a half of a doily that I purchased from an Etsy shop added some ribbon and a brad. The  flower in the corner was just something I had picked up once. The colors are very much like the photo. 


Now hop on over to visit Peggy Wainman for what I am sure will be another amazing card. I sure am glad you stopped by and for leaving a comment! See you again soon.

33 comments:

Cheri said...

Adorable, Miesje! I love the details....and Mel''s Buds and Vases was a perfect choice for this inspiration.

Giovana said...

This is fantastic Miesje!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Miesje- you nailed this one perfectly. Love how this turned out!

Melissa said...

Adorable card! I love how you filled the jar with all of those buttons. Too cute!

Tina said...

Gorgeous card!!! I love it!

stampqueen said...

Love the button jar!!! The button on the bow is cool.

Lori said...

What a fun idea to put the buttons in the jar, great card!!

Kay S said...

This is just adorable, Miesje! Love the bright colors and the big dot background.

Carla S. said...

This is so cute, Miesje! Love the jar of buttons and the doily! Very creative!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

love the traditional red and green!

Barbara Colbert said...

Like the red/green look...buttons in the jar very creative!!! Looks nice!!!

peggy wainman said...

I love this card!!! It reminds me of both of my grandmothers, who both kept button jars/tins, and were big on doilies everywhere. Thanks so much for bringing those memories back!

Carolina said...

Ahhh, love the vintage look of your card with the doilies and the button jar. The textured background is just the perfect touch.

Kim Marie said...

What a DARLING idea! I love it! It a perfect match for the inspiration picture, too!
Kim Marie

Leisa said...

LOVE your card!

joy said...

Great card! Love the buttons in the jar!

Davi said...

Very fun card! Love the buttons in the jar and those big embossed dots!

Becky said...

So cute, love the buttons.

TiaKeas said...

Putting the buttons in the jar is a great idea and I love the back ground. Thank-you..

Lyngo said...

This captures the colours perfectly - a cheerful card.

Lorraine said...

Oh this is so fun & adorable!

Virginia Wingo said...

This is just so bright and colorful, like the colors in the picture. I love the red and green buttons.

Melanie said...

aww, Miesje, this is so sweet! I love how you put the doily under it, that is ia really nice touch, pretty and completes the scene, goes great with the buttons!

Moments by Marla said...

Love your card in so many ways. Super Job!!!!

St. Petersburg CutUp (Veronika) said...

So much detail you have great design talent. I envy you! Great job and inspiration.

Luv 2 Create said...

Just love this card. The colors and textured detail with that adorable button jar. Just to cute!!!
Marcie

Julie said...

love the big dots background, very cute card.

kraftykat157 said...

Love the card...

Auntie Em said...

Oh my! I love those bright Christmasy buttons! They are so cheerful and cute.
Thank you for sharing! :o)

Artistic Angel said...

Super cute cards!

Betty Neville said...

What a fun card Miesje! Love your jar of buttons!

Kary said...

Miesje, I just adore your card!! It's such a great design, and I love the colours, all the details on it esp the doily and the buttons! I'm so inspired!

Deb said...

How FUN! This is so creative! Love the doily!