Sunday, November 7, 2010

God Understands: Isaiah 55: 10,11


Happy Sunday and what a glorious day it is! Welcome back for another challenge from Stampin' Sisters in Christ. Florida finally felt a hint of winter today - in fact it is cold! I know, I know we are a little wimpy here!  

Today our challenge hostess is our dear Randi and the scripture she chose is from Isaiah 55: 10 and 11.
"For just as from the heavens the rain and snow come down And do not return there till they have watered the earth, making it fertile and fruitful, Giving seed to him who sows and bread to him who eats, So shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; It shall not return to me void, but shall do my will, achieving the end for which I sent it."
Sometimes we just don't know how to pray. This might sound a little strange but for me, when I am filled with emotion whether it be anger or sadness or fear, my emotion can get in the way of prayer. I may ask "why" or tell God how it should be fixed (yup, I really do) instead of asking for His will to be done and for acceptance on my part. When I do that I know that God understands, He know my heart. He understands when we question and doubt. He understands when we choose to be selfish or unkind. We are not perfect, we sin again and again and again - and still He understands. And I certainly am glad that He does!

The challenge this week is to make a card or project that shows weather - any kind of weather. I chose winter for mine. I love those birds and the snow on the branch was fun to do with some liquid applique. I colored the bird with Copic markers and and used a white gel pen to highlight the snowflakes.

Be sure to stop by my SSIC design sisters to see what they have to share this week:


Chris Olsen: Twinkles Glow With Stamps (On break)
Grace Nywening: Th-INK-ing of You
Lisa Hjulberg: The Craft's Meow
Patti J Gilliam: Cherish Each Precious Day
Peggysue Turner: Roses By My Window
Rebekka Reed: Diamond in the Rough
Randi Barret: A New Creation

Thanks for stopping by - Let Go and Let God! 




Recipe:
Stamps: "Winter Wings" from Gina K Designs and sentiment "Pray" from ODBD
Paper: GinaK Pure Luxury White and In the Navy
Other: Some snowflakes, Nestabilities, ribbon, snowflake Cuttlebug folder 

Other Challenges:
Tuesday Color Trigger - Blue and White
One Stitch at a time - Winter
Ellephantastic - Blue
Paper Sundaes - Let it Snow

17 comments:

Grace said...

Hi Miesje! What a beautiful creation this is! I love birds, especially chickadees... your colors are fantastic! I love the blue textured bg! Your words were so well said today and so true! I have just been sitting here praying for each of you and thank you for all your care and prayers too! Hugs,
Grace

craftieodmae said...

What a beautiful card! Gotta play this week!

Becky said...

This is beautiful Miesje, love the dark background showing the snow flakes and the image is perfect for this. Have a blessed week my sister {hugs}

Wendy @ E-1-A said...

Lovely project and thank you for this message too... I have something for you to collect over on my blog :D

Monika Reeck said...

very lovely coloring the Images and great BG too...lovely card...I just join the Tuesday Trigger my card is number 43, maybe you would like to see my Blog :) many thanks before, hugs, Monika

Kozmik said...

What a gorjuss card - good luck with the challenge!

Margreet said...

beautiful card...thanks for joining OSAAT
xxx Margreet

Josephine said...

Gorgeous image, and beautifully coloured too.

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, love how you did the embossing on the black card with the white. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck xx

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Miesje! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Miesje - this is just adorable! I love that darling bird - it is perfect with your sentiment!! Gorgeous DP too! Thanks for sharing Meisje - it is always straight from the heart! {{{hugs}}}

Alica said...

wonderful! The image is really pretty and I love the snowflake you created!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

peggysue said...

Hi sweetie! I do the same thing, sometimes I tell God exactly how I'd like something to turn out instead of just waiting on His will . . . never the best idea. I think we will finally get the hang of prayer when we reach heaven . . . then it will be so easy! :}

Sandy Ang said...

It's such a precious card !

Love to see you at my Christmas Card Challenge
http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/lcom-christmas-card-crop-hop.html

Christine said...

Such a beautiful card and sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Helen Laurence said...

lovely image. Beautifully coloured. Thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic this week! x x

Paddington fan said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck! Love Jacky x