Sunday, November 7, 2010

Florida Snowman

*** This is my second post today - for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge card please scroll down. 

This card was fun for me to make. It was really for a challenge on StampTV to make a non traditional colored Christmas card. Well, I decided to go totally non-traditional and build a snowman out of sand using sand colored Flowersoft. It really turned out better than I thought it would and certainly is non traditional. 
 
It is also for a challenge on Little Paper Shop to use a button and a bow and The Paper Players to use a snowman (hope sandman is okay). ABC Christmas Challenge wanted winter. This is our winter! And last but not least is the challenge from Belli Challenges to use Flowersoft.

I stamped the images on Gina K Pure Luxury Mother of Pearl (hoping for a glittery sheen). I stamped the snowman image twice so that I could pop up the hat and the heart and the scarf. I used the Flowersoft on the sandy beach and for the "sandman" itself. I added the Christmas tree and put some oranges in it so that it was obviously a Florida tree. The waves are from a DP from October Afternoon's Seaside. 

Thank you for stopping by. 


3 comments:

Carolyn King said...

oh my gosh...arent you clever? I LOVE your sandy snowman! Great card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Great Florida Snow...er...Sandman! HaHa! :) Love all of the fun elements you used to make it all come together. Very, very cute! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week! :)

Squirrel x said...

A super winter card, and thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Hugs, Sxx