Sunday, November 21, 2010

Giving Thanks: Psalm 107:1


Sunday once again, I hope you all had a good week. Tonight one of our sons is arriving for the Thanksgiving Holiday with another son and his family arriving on Wednesday. Others we will see on Thursday. I am always so thankful to have time with my family. I welcome you back for another challenge from Stampin' Sisters in Christ.

Today I am the challenge hostess and the scripture I chose is Psalm 107:1.
"Give thanks to the Lord for He is good; His love endures forever."
Hopefully you read my devotional on this scripture on Stampin' Sisters in Christ's home page. If you did you know why I chose the image for the card that I made for this week. I think that my mind is on my grandchildren and the total trust that they, and most children, have that their prayers are heard. Perhaps it is because they do pray with the innocence of youth. We grown ups have a tendency to complicate our prayers. It is a good thing that God knows what is in our hearts because I think I talk way too much! So today I pray, "Thank you God for family, thank you God for the food that we eat, and the many blessings you shower me with. Amen"
This week we welcome a new sponsor, Serendipity Stamps!!  One of you lucky ladies will win this beautiful stamp set for playing in this week's challenge! The challenge is to create a card that shows your thankfulness to God. A thank you card.
Be sure to stop by my SSIC design sisters to see what they have to share this week:


Grace Nywening: Th-INK-ing of You
Lisa Hjulberg: The Craft's Meow (On Break)
Patti J Gilliam: Cherish Each Precious Day
Peggysue Turner: Roses By My Window (On Break)
Rebekka Reed: Diamond in the Rough
Randi Barret: A New Creation (On break)

So glad you stopped by, and to my American friends - have a wonderful Thanksgiving!




Recipe:
Stamps: Tildy with Cross
Paper: GinaK Pure Luxury White, Wine with Everything ad gold sparkly paper
Other: Some Webster's Pages ribbon and gold pearls, Nestabilities, Copics 

Other Challenges:
Card Patterns - sketch
7 Kids College Fund - Thank you card 
Mark's Finest Papers - Have a circle on the card
Simon Says Stamps - Sparkles - the paper - the wings - the ribbon
Sisterhood of Crafters : Thanks
Creative Card Crew: Thanks 
Tellen's Place: Thanks 
Crazy 4 Challenges: Circle

22 comments:

Grace said...

Hi Miesje! Your card is wonderful! I love this little sweetie pie Tilda and the cross necklace is incredible! Love the verse and message this week my friend! Thanks so much!!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
hugs,
Grace

Becky said...

Miesje this is so cute! Love the colors and design of this, so many great little details.
Love the devotion this morning. We need to always be thankful for God's goodness.
hugs :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Ooh wonderful background! How did you do that??? Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Harriet Skelly said...

Your card is so sweet - love all the details! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

This is just gorgeous! I love all of the fine little details you put into this card. God bless!

Joynana said...

Wonderful choice of colors and great coloring the image. Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

How darling Meisje! I just love sweet Tilda and your colors and design. The pearls add such elegance.

Perfect verse to reflect on this week! We truly do have so much to be thankful for. Thanks for your words.
hugs,
Chris
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Miesje
Thank you so much for your kind comment on my card, I love meeting new friends and seeing their work, your card is so cute, it brings a smile to my face, and that is what card making is all about, bringing some love and happiness.
Smiles:)

Mickie said...

Oh that's soooo cute!

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love how you did the BG!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Miesje. Such a beautiful card, with a cutie image. I love the colour combination and the ribbon and that scroll work is gorgeous. Finished off with a beautiful sentiment.
Thank you for joining us at Tellens Place and hope to see you again. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and beautiful sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns,
Anthea :)

Lisa B said...

What an inspiring card! The colors, Tilda...actually everything about the card is just perfect!!!

Thank you for sharing it with us over at the Sisterhood. We are very "Thankful" that you could join us this week.

Darlene said...

This is just precious!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood! Hope to see you again real soon!

Do What You Love said...

I just love the swirly dots - they are so cute with this Tilda card. The ribbon is glorious and I love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place this week for our "Give Thanks" challenge. :~)

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

A cute card, great colours. The swirls are fab.
Thankyou for sharing this at Tellen's Place this week and hope to see you back in the new year

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) I love this Tilda and the paper and colours you used are perfect ;-) The ribbons and sentiment are lovely too :-)


thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card and love the adorable image.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Miesje - this is such an adorable card and I love that darling image - yes it is childlike!! You colours are delish and the sentiment perfect! I am always inspired by your words Miesje - you are such a blessing! {{{hugs}}}

Joanne (jojot) said...

she is so very adorable....love the kraft bkgd color....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends this week

Unknown said...

A lovely card thanks for playing at Tellens Place
Luv Jane xxx

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

What a lovely Thank You card! Thanks very much for joining us at Tellen's Place, and good luck!