Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter: Hebrews 12:2-3

He is risen, what a Joyful day!  I am so glad that you  could join us for a challenge based on scripture at  Stampin' Sisters in Christ!


This week it is Traci who is our challenge hostess and she chose Hebrews 12:2-3 . Be sure to read her devotion on our home page.


"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."



I do believe that this card says it all - and I know that Traci has a wonderful message on our home page to share with all of you.

This was a quick card using a stamp set that I have had for a while called Christ is Risen. I did try a new technique for this card - I used a distressing embossing powder on the cross, it created a very different look. I used a sketch from JUGS.

The challenge this week is; Make a joy-ful card; something celebratory! I wanted to make 2 cards - the one I did make and another fun card but time just got away from me.

This week's sponsor is Paper Pretties with 6, yes I said 6, digital images. 

Don't forget to stop by my SSIC design sisters (listed on the sidebar) to see what they have to share this week.

It is always great to see you, thanks for the comments and have a wonderful week surrounded with God's love.





Recipe: 
Stamps: GinaK - Christ is Risen
Paper: GinaK - Ivory
Designer Paper: Kaiser Craft - Up, Up & Away
Other: Spellbinder circle die, Cuttlebug folder, Lace with gold, some gold buttons

Challenges:
JUGS - Sketch
Simon Says Stamp - Favorite Tool - Cuttlebug and Grand Calibur
Craft Your Days Away  -Easter
Card Patterns - Sketch
WAW - Art with a message - Joy

14 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Easter Miesje!! Beautiful card.

Traci M said...

He is risen, indeed! Love your card, it is beautiful and elegant and so true of Easter, great significance and meaning you captured! The colors are so dramatic with your background also.
Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

That is a lovely card Miesje, what a wonderful job! I always enjoy seeing your creatios and look forward to your next 'fun' card as much as I enjoy your more elegant cards! Big HUS and wishing you a joy-filled week!

Lynn said...

I love how you turned the sketch. Your card is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Lovely Linda said...

Oh I am loving this Miesje - gorgeous images and the texture - it is a perfect addition! The monochromatic is great! Seems you are good at every style of card - God bless you my friend! {{{hugs}}}

MariLynn said...

Miesje, I hope you had a wonderful, blessed Easter. I spent the whole day enjoying my family. I love the texture on your card and the one word JOY says it all! You are a blessing to me and I am glad we are friends! Have a wonderful week!

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh, Miesje! This is such a beautifully appropriate Easter card. I just LOVE it in every way. It looks so super "religious". I don't know why - I guess the cross just stands out SO strong. It's VERY lovely. Thanks for linking it up and playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. You are a blessing and an encouragement, and we hope you will play each week. Thanks again!
Hugs,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Jennifer said...

Oh what joy there is in the cross, knowing that Jesus has paid it all! Beautiful card, love how the embossing powder turned out! Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

Diane Noble said...

Such a beautiful card...joy in the Cross, indeed! Beautifully constructed...great layout. I love the card.

Andrea M said...

Pretty card! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls!

Grace said...

Hi Miesje! I hope you have enjoyed a wonderful week after Easter! LOVE your card! It does say it all!
hugs,
Grace

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! I love the embossing!!
His death means we can have true joy!!

Clare said...

Such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week at Card Patterns!

nat x x said...

great card, thanks for joining us over at CYDA

hugs

nat x x x