Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pottery: Colossians 1:27b

It is a beautiful day here. I have had a week off from work and thoroughly enjoyed being home and doing "home" stuff. I am so glad that you could join us once again for a challenge based on scripture at  Stampin' Sisters in Christ


This week our wonderful Kris is our challenge hostess and she chose Colossians 1:27b. Be sure to read her devotion on our home page.
"...Christ in you, the hope of glory" 
I have had a good week to reflect on the many ways that God is present in my life. Counting my blessings has been my mantra this past week. I did not realize how much I was in need of some daytime "alone" time to think and pray and listen to my music (Christian) and to craft. There are so many wonderful ways to talk to God. I can do it through songs in my IPod while doing yard work, cleaning my windows, or painting a wall. I also spent some time watching the cardinals in my backyard. All of God's beauty and I was able to stop...and appreciate. See the cardinal?

I made 2 cards with this wonderful stamp called "pottery" from Serendipity Stamps. The first card was stamped with distress ink then only the flower was colored in. I sponged around the image so that it would stand out. I added the flower (GKD) (colored, cut, and popped up) and used some cut up fibers for the centers. The sentiment (ODBD) was stamped on vellum. I used a Cuttlebug folder for the pink background and the border was cut from BG - Porcelain Paper Pad.

This second card was a quick card I made to send to a friend of my husband's who lost his father this week. I stamped the image on Vellum with black Staz-On and lightly colored on the reverse side with Copics. The check paper is from GKD specialty papers, the sentiment is a rub on from SU, 4 brads and it is done and in the mail yesterday.


The challenge this week is; Use something transparent like vellum, acetate, transparency sheets etc.

Welcome to this week's sponsor, Serendipity Stamps with a $25.00 gift card! They very generously donated a stamp for the DT to use for this challenge - thank you again.

Don't forget to stop by my SSIC design sisters (listed on the sidebar) to see what they have to share this week.

It is always great to see you, thanks for the comments and have a wonderful week surrounded with God's love.






Recipe: 
Stamps: Serendipity - Pottery, ODBD - sentiment, GKD - flower
Paper: GinaK - Ivory, white, black, tan leather
Designer Paper: BG - Porcelain
Other: Spellbinder die, Cuttlebug folder, fibers, brads, beads

Challenges:
Card Patterns - sketch for the second card 
Simon Says Stamp - Flowers
BasicGrey Challenges - Spring colors (1st card) 
365 Cards - just a touch of color - 2nd card

12 comments:

Becky said...

Both of these cards are beautiful Miesje.. Beautiful designs.

Lagene said...

Wonderful cards! I love the way you stamped on vellum & colored on the back on the second one!

Kristine said...

Both your cards are wonderful Miesje!! Love em both. And your picture is just "PICTURE-PERFECT!" Yes, I see the cute li'l cardinal!! We don't see those around this part. I think I need to move down your way Miesje. I live in the high desert so not much greenery here. I think I'd love to live by the water when I retire. Either beach or lake--it's just beautiful!

Traci M said...

Beautiful scenery...I love cardinals and we don't get them here...but we have chickadees and blue jays!
Your cards are both wonderful, love the soft look of the vellum colored and the added texture of fibers!
Have a beautiful week!

Wendy @ E-1-A said...

Gorgous stamp. I love pottery and this is the first pottery stamp I have ever seen.

Glad you had a good week off work and managed to re-charge. It's just nice to potter about the house sometimes and not have to pack up for time away.

Diane Noble said...

Both cards are fabulous. I forget how soft vellum is on a card. These are both unique but equally pretty.

Jeanne J. said...

Both cards are great. I love the pottery image with the flower! Very natural!

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous card, I love how you have used the BG papers.

Thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges and Simon Says Challenge.

Hugs,

Jo x

whoistracy said...

What a great stamp- this could be used all year round. Love that. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns!

DoBea A. said...

Love the colors you chose for these cards! Thank you for sharing them with us over at 365 Cards!!

Unknown said...

What you did with the vellum and that stamp is simply gorgeous! And considering the climate where you live I can well imagine why you selected those clay pots! :) I apologize, I had thought for sure that I had stopped by earlier in the week!

Lenet said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Cardpatterns