Sunday, April 22, 2012

Light: Psalm 119;105

Another week has zoomed by, here we are at Sunday again, a great day because you choose to could join us once again for a challenge based on scripture at  Stampin' Sisters in Christ

This week Lovely Linda is our challenge hostess and she chose this wonderful verse from Psalms 119:105. Be sure to read her devotion on our home page.
"Your word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
This has been a busy week with a lot bumps and distractions. The server at work crashed and is still down as of Friday afternoon, it seemed like every night there was something planned. Very little time to regroup and I suppose it seemed harder because the week before was so wonderful. There is a constant in my life though - that constant is reading or listening to God's Word. That is what makes my great weeks even better (singing praises and rejoicing) and the more difficult weeks better (talking to Him through prayer).

I made this card using some of the stamps that I received from Inspired Stamps for this challenge. I love the little girl reading the bible, in fact she looks so prayerful doesn't she? The sketch is from Sketches by Carly - it was a fun one.

The challenge this week is; create a card/project in soft pastel palette - black or white can be used as a neutral.

Welcome to this week's sponsor, Inspired Stamps! They very generously donated the stamp for the DT to use for this challenge - thank you so much!

Don't forget to stop by my SSIC design sisters (listed on the sidebar) to see what they have to share this week.

It is always great to see you, thanks for the comments and have a wonderful week surrounded with God's love.






Recipe: 
Stamps: Inspired Stamps
Paper: SU So Saffron and Pretty in Pink
Designer Paper: SU
Other: Spellbinder die, Copics and ribbon

Challenges:
Sketches by Carly: Sketch

7 comments:

Kristine said...

Miesje, I noticed straight away that you used my dd's sketch for this--THANK YOU!! I did too *Ü* Your card is so cute -- kinda looks like she's reading the Word and just outside her window is a pretty flower growing. I don't do pastels often so it was a bit of a challenge but I love seeing what everyone did with it. :)

OH... and my li'l tip about conditioning clear stamps, ya SORRY I didn't think of it sooner! I didn't remember until I dug into my stamps and started playing too. But your stamps look like they inked up nicely!! *Ü* have a wonderful relaxing day. Hugs 2 U!

Lorie said...

That is such a fantastic card! Thank you for joining us at SBC! PS: Love the view from your craft room!

Debbie said...

Pretty soft colors! Beautiful card!!

Unknown said...

This is such a cute card, in such lovely colors too! I hope your week gets a bit better this week but the important thing is where you turn, good or bad, and you're turning to the right place.

Diane Noble said...

Miesje, this is such a sweet card. And what a great sketch. You blended all the elements of the challenge and the sketch wonderfully. Hope this week is better for you...

Denise Pustelniak said...

AWESOME card! Love the way you did the sketch!

Lovely Linda said...

Awww - this is adorable Miesje! I love the way you have used this image and the soft colours you have used! This is adorable my friend! {{{hugs}}}