Tuesday, April 24, 2012

More Light

Yesterday was the post for Stampin Sisters in Christ and I had made two cards with the wonderful stamps from Inspired Stampsthis was the second card. So you may wonder why I did not post this card also - easy - I did not follow the challenge to use soft pastel colors. So here is the card.

I was probably still in last week's challenge because I used vellum. I took my bible and scanned a page into my printer. That is what is behind the vellum. The vellum panel was also stamped with some white craft ink. I cut out the candle and put a bow above the wonderful embossed scripture verse that we used yesterday at SSIC - be sure to stop by and join in the challenge.

So thanks for stopping by - 2 days in a row - who knows I may be back again tomorrow! 






Recipe: 
Stamps: Inspired Stamps
Paper: SU - Navy
Designer Paper: None
Other: Spellbinder die, ribbon and pearls

Challenges:
WAW - Used Scripture
Make it Monday - anything goes
Lexi's Creations - Used Die 

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is incredible how you've used your vellum overlay! Beautiful way to bring forth this scripture! Thank you for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

Natalie said...

Very pretty, love the use of the vellum, too!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a good idea to scan the page from your bible and use it behind the vellum, its very effective. Your card is lovely and very striking! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lexi's Creations for our Die Cuts and Punches challenge hugs Susan x

Cheryl said...

I love your focus on the sentiment!


I’m stopping by from MIM. (I’m number 205)

~Cheryl~

**I am having a give-away on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

Traci M said...

This is so lovely, Miesje...so glad you posted it even though it doesn't use the soft colors, it is a great use of the vellum and very elegant with your colors! Have a blessed week!!