Sunday, January 30, 2011

Birthday Wishes: Psalm 23

Yipes - it is Sunday again and we all know that Sunday means another challenge at  Stampin' Sisters in Christ, I am so glad you could join us again! 

Today Lisa, our leader extraordinaire,  is our challenge hostess and the scripture she chose is Psalm 23.
"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever."
When I saw what the scripture was this week I immediately knew that I wanted to use those sheep on some green pastures. This verse says so much and probably speaks to people in many different ways. To me it is a search for peace. I have a tendency to worry (I can just see my DH nodding his head) - I worry about our children - my parents - my grandchildren to the point where I am not even in a peaceful place. It keeps me awake at night and changes the way that I interact with those I am worried about. When I live "The Lord is my shepherd and I shall not want" I would not need to worry and when it says "He makes me lie down in green pastures and still waters and restores my soul!" Okay - I get it. THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD! I have to let go and let Him lead me. Sometimes easier said than done but definitely have to strive for it! 

The challenge this week is to create a card or project that uses the colors blue (still waters) and green (green pastures).


Our sponsor this week is Taylored Expressions and you could win the wonderful stamp set called Rest & Renewal.

Be sure to stop by my SSIC design sisters to see what they have to share this week:


Grace Nywening: Th-INK-ing of You
Lisa Hjulberg: The Craft's Meow
Patti J Gilliam: Cherish Each Precious Day
Peggysue Turner: Roses By My Window
Rebekka Reed: Diamond in the Rough
Randi Barret: A New Creation (On break)

I am always so encouraged by your comments - thank you for taking the time to share.
 




Recipe:
Stamps: Funny Farm - GinaK Designs
Paper: GinaK Pure Luxury Kraft, Ocean Mist, and Green Apple
Designer Paper: October Afternoon - Campfire
Other: Spellbinder's Dies - Copic Markers, ribbon, a flower, and some linen twine.

Other Challenges:
Paper Pretties - sewing
Penny's Paper-Crafty – anything goes
StampTV - Sketch
Do You Stack Up? -  patterned paper
Sisterhood of Crafters- anything goes
Copic Creations - something new (stitching with "Sew Easy") and copics 
Stamptacular Sunday - Whateva'!
Fuzzy Wuzzy - animal, anything goes
Simon Says Stamps - animal antics
 

17 comments:

Grace said...

Hi Miesje! Oh my goodness your little sheep are too cute! You know... I almost used a little ewe too but changed it up last minute! Your dp is perfect! I appreciated your thoughts as well! I like you can tend to be anxious! Thanks for always having just the right thing to say! Have a wonderful week!
hugs,
Grace

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Miesje!! This is just a darling birthday card!! I just love your sentiment and your little "ewes". Gorgeous coloring and design my friend!! I loved reading your words as well...I too have a tendency to worry...isn't it nice to have so many passages of the Bible which speak to us.

Have a great rest of the weekend and week!
hugs,
Chris

Becky said...

Good morning Miesje's!
I see you have changed your blog head, very nice :).
Adorable card this morning, love these sheep and great layout.

Wendy @ E-1-A said...

Love it... love the sheep stamps... the wording is fab :D and the overall design is great too.

Unknown said...

I could hardly wait for you to post this card so I could comment on it, those little sheep are just too perfect for this challenge and made me laugh!!! Oh my!! You gave me a smile that will last me the week!

Mani said...

Hi.
Beautiful Card. I love the sheep. And the sentiment is brilliant.
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Challenges.
Manuela

Micki said...

Beautiful card. I love all the detail and love the overall color. Wonderful job. Thanks so much for joining us this week in The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Miranda said...

Such a lovely card Miesje, sweet shepp and great DP
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

WencheP said...

I love your card. The sheeps are so sweet and the colors are great. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Céline said...

too fun card, love the sheep!
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

Janna Werner said...

Miesje, this is SOOOO cool! Absolutely adore these sheep :) Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at DYSU! Janna

Chris said...

those sheepie just cracked me up, they are too cute and it's a creat job of stitching.
thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties.

Unknown said...

love that background

kitten DYSU team

Mandy said...

Aww this is absolutely gorgeous Miesje, I love the paper you've used and the image is adorable.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our "animal antics" challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Lisa B said...

Thank you so much for sharing this gorgeous creation with us over at the Sisterhood of Crafters. We hope to see you playing along in future challenges.

Gemma said...

Hi Miesje, what a gorgeous card, love the image and the colours you used are so fresh, the really make me long for the spring! Miesje sounds Dutch????? Thanks for joining us at SSC this week and please check our site we are looking for new DT members! Hugs Gemma

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Miesje - this is just it Miesje, along with your thoughts! darling! Being a New Zealand girl, I just LOVE sleep!! Your colours are perfect and this scene could not be better for this weeks challenge! Love your thoughts too! Thank you for sharing Miesje - botoh your art and your heart! {{{hugs}}}