Sunday, January 23, 2011

Love: Jeremiah 31:3

The last week in January is already upon us. I honestly do not know how time moves by us so quickly! Sunday means another challenge at  Stampin' Sisters in Christ and we are always so happy to see you.

Today our Lovely Linda is our challenge hostess and the scripture she chose is Jeremiah 31:3.
"The LORD appears to him from afar: With age-old love I have loved you; so I have kept my mercy toward you."(New American Bible - St. Joseph Edition)
Love - such a powerful word! Sometimes I think we overuse it. We say, "I love coffee", or "I love that card". I always end a phone conversation (or a text) with my family with a quick "Love you". Quick words - but read the above verse again - that is not a quick {Luv U}. That is an amazing love - like no other. How lucky am I to be loved like that - how lucky are you? Awesome!

The challenge this week is to create a card or project that is vintage. I think that all of us have a technique that is well outside of our comfort zone. Vintage is mine. In fact there have been times when someone tells me that I made a great vintage card and I did not even realize that it was. Hopefully this qualifies Linda! I truly did hand sew around the grey panel! I used 2 different Cuttlebug embossing folders. I colored with just a few Copics and some sparkly pens. I had the charm. 


Our sponsor this week is Designed 2 Delight, 2 digital images for you to download, print and color.  

Be sure to stop by my SSIC design sisters to see what they have to share this week:


Grace Nywening: Th-INK-ing of You
Lisa Hjulberg: The Craft's Meow
Patti J Gilliam: Cherish Each Precious Day
Peggysue Turner: Roses By My Window
Rebekka Reed: Diamond in the Rough
Randi Barret: A New Creation (On break)

So glad you stopped by today. Have a wonderful week!
 




Recipe:
Stamps: Love you to Stitches (Designed 2 Delight)
Paper: SU Pretty in Pink and GinaK Moonlit Fog
Designer Paper: October Afternoon
Other: Spellbinder's Dies - Copic Markers, ribbon, Spellbinder's Dies, Sticko Gems

Other Challenges:
Card Patterns: Sketch 
Stamp Something: Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamps: Bingo - Gems, Glitter, Ribbon
Really Reasonable Ribbon: Heart
Crafty Sentiments Designs: Vintage
Do You Stack Up: Pink 
Creative Belli Blog: P for Pink 
Fresh Brewed Coffee: Show Love

27 comments:

Becky said...

Love this image and card this morning Miesje. I love this color combo. Vintage is not my strong point either :).

Grace said...

Hi Miesje! You did a great job with stepping out of your comfort zone! This image is great! Love what you did with the thread! Your thoughts this morning are precious as well... well said my friend!!! I hope you have a wonderful week!!!
hugs,
Grace

CJ said...

The card is beautiful and your workds are inspiring. Love your blog.

CJ

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Denise said...

Really lovely card and great colour combo. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week - Denise

WencheP said...

Wonderful card, great colorcombo. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Janna Werner said...

hi miesje, your card is so lovely, thanks so much for joining us at DYSU this week! janna

Robin Parker said...

Love your pink patterened paper and the Love charm is a great finishing touch. Thanks for sharing on the Belli challenge.

Kerri said...

What a sweet image, and I love your stitching! Thank you so much for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Miranda said...

Hi Miesje, when I saw your name, I figured that you must have Dutch connections , but as i'm not sure you still speak Dutch I leave a comment in English.
Your card is lovely, nice image
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week

hugs
Miranda

Peggysue said...

Pretty card! I like the soft coloring of the image and the pink & gray combo. The bling really adds some pop! Thanks for joining us at the DYSU challenge and hope to see you back...

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Miesje!! I just love your colors and design. So elegant and feminine. Great job stepping our of the box!! Your words are very insightful and were such an inspiration to read. Missed playing with you girls this week....next week.
Have a great week!
hugs,
Chris

Tamara Morton said...

Just love everything about this card. thanks for sharing with us at Creative Belli
Hugs
Tamara

anja curvers said...

A very beautiful card indeed TFP at CP.

Heather said...

Fabulous card, your colours and papers are beautiful, wuch a lovely design and I really like the effect of the glittering on the reel of thread.

Glad you could join us in the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs Heather xx

Jac’s Playground said...

Beautiful love the colours and softness of this card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments for our vintage challenge

Saskia said...

LOVELY card!

Great to see your work at Freshly Brewed Challenges! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

~amy~ said...

Such a wonderful card! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

*Alison* said...

love the colors.. Way to "Stack Up" and bring out the PINK in your creation.. Thanks for playing with us at www.doyoustackup.blogspot.com can't wait to see what you create next week..
HUGS
Alison
DYSU-Owner

Unknown said...

That is such a lovely layout

kitten - DYSU team

whoistracy said...

This card is so soft and pretty! Just love that image, too. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns.

Cheryl said...

This is adorable! I love the colors.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! This is really sweet!! Love the colors and layout!! Thanks for playing along at Stamp Something!!HUGS

Lisa said...

Adorable project! Such a cute image. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

Mary Marsh said...

loved reading your thoughts on the verse from jeremiah-thanks for sharing this pretty card with us at the creative belli blog-

Unknown said...

Miesje this is so pretty! I am glad I got a chance this weekend to finally visit everyone's blogs. I think it is a lovely vintage card! I like the spool of thread particularly. And yes, God's love is amazing! I appreciated your thoughts on it.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Miesje - this is just delightful - you do vintage so well Miesje - you are your own worst critic my friend! I love your colours and your pretty DP - gorgeous! Tha nks for sharing - always a feast for the eyes and the spirit here my friend! {{{hugs}}}