Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wings: Ruth 2:12

Welcome back! Did you miss us - I missed all of you! It was nice to have a couple of weeks off during the busy holidays. We had a wonderful time with family and friends but now I am glad to get back to our routine - you are part of that routine. So here is the first weekly challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ for this year.

Today Chris is our challenge hostess and the scripture she chose is from the book of Ruth 2:12.
"May the LORD repay you for what you have done. May you be richly rewarded by the LORD, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge."
You know when I read this verse my first thought was how wonderfully the Lord has always rewarded me - protected me - seen me though difficulties and rejoiced with me in all of my celebrations. I have always been under His wings and so grateful for it!

The challenge this week is to create a card or project that has wings. I chose to do a bird and use the fabulous designer paper that I got from a friend. The little bird in the corner that is part of the paper was just perfect! I also decided that I wanted it to be a thank you card - thank to my parents for teaching me from birth on about the love of the Lord. Thank you to my husband who has an incredible relationship with our God. Thank you to my family and friends, especially my Stampin' Sisters who always support and encourage and challenge me to a life filled with the love of Jesus!

Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamps and the stamp set you can win is awesome! 

Be sure to stop by my SSIC design sisters to see what they have to share this week:


Grace Nywening: Th-INK-ing of You
Lisa Hjulberg: The Craft's Meow
Patti J Gilliam: Cherish Each Precious Day
Peggysue Turner: Roses By My Window
Rebekka Reed: Diamond in the Rough
Randi Barret: A New Creation (On break)

Thanks for the visit, I look forward to seeing your winged creations.




Recipe:
Stamps: GinaK Designs - Winter Wings
Paper: GKD Pure Luxury Vanilla
Designer Paper: Websters Pages -
Other: Spellbinder's Dies - Copic Markers, MS leaf punch and some brown pearl stick ons.

Other Challenges:
Stamp TV - Sketch 
CES Challenge - All Creatures Great and Small
Delicious Doodles - Try or use something new - The DP
Craft Your Days Away - Anything Goes 
Our Creative Corner - photo inspiration - winter 




9 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

HI Meisje!! I thought the same thing when I read this verse and I thought how faithful Ruth was to the Lord.

I am glad you had a great holiday!!

Your card is gorgeous!! I just love your bird and the designer paper you chose. So Beautiful!!

Thank you for being such a friend and prayer partner. Have a great Sunday and week.
hugs,
Chris

Becky said...

Miesje this is beautiful. Wonderful design and coloring.

So happy you had a great holiday.
hugs. ;)

Grace said...

Hi Miesje! LOVE your card... I believe that Websters dp? Oh that's one of my favorites!!! PERFECT! Glad you had a great holiday and I just want you to know how thankful I am for YOU! You always have encouraging words to say and I know you keep us in your prayers continually and that means so much! May your new year be filled with God's richest blessings!
hugs,
Grace ps... sorry about the misspelled name... got it fixed now! :)

CJ said...

The card is beautiful. Thanks for the lovely words from Ruth. I needed that today.

Cj

Unknown said...

Miesje, enjoying reading your thoughts on the verse, and to follow up on that, we know that the Lord loves a thankful spirit. What a great way to say thank you to your parents! Looking forward to another year of stamping ministry with you!

Teri said...

Lovely card hun!
Thank you for playing along in our Delicious Doodles Challenge this week, and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri x

Unknown said...

What a beautiful verse and a very beautiful card.. Thanks for playing at CES xx

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Miesje - this is gorgeous!! I love the image and your gorgeous colouring! You parents will love it - what a blessing you must be to them! Your heart for HIM beats to loud - I can hear it from here SISTAH! {{{hugs}}}

Lesley said...

Beautiful card, thanks for taking part in the CYDA challenge xx