Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Warm Winter Wishes

I do like the way this turned out - kind of simple. It came together pretty  easily with just a little refresher video on emboss resist from StampTV.
I used the snowflake embossing folder on the Little Boy Blue pane. as a background. On the white I first stamped the snowflakes in blue. Then I stamped the tree with Versamark and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I stamped the nest, bird and squirrel on it before using a sponge dauber to go around the tree. 
 

This is a fun and easy technique!





Card Recipe:
Stamps: The Giving Tree - GinaK
Paper: Gina K Designs Pure Luxury White, Little Boy Blue, Kraft, and Cranberry Tart
DP: None
Other: Spellbinder Nestabilities, ribbon, sparkly star and rub on sentiment


Challenges
Mark's Finest Papers - Embossing 
Stamp TV -technique challenge  
Card Positioning System - Sketch Challenge
Our Creative Corner - photo inspiration - winter



9 comments:

Donna Heber said...

This is just so beautiful! I love the embossed background. I hope you will stop by and visit me.

Anonymous said...

Miesje, thanks for allowing us to be part of your inspiration for this card! It's a beautiful card and I love that technique! Thanks for playing along with Our Creative Corner!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the resist embossing! Great card~ Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Diane Gilbert said...

Great card for this week's inspiration challenge! LOVE the details!
Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

redwasher1 said...

This is totally awesome!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I love the red bird and its nest in the tree...such a great added detail! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week! ♥♥♥

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow...fabulous work........thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends

Becky said...

Lovely card Miesje.

Rika said...

Lovely card!