Monday, June 28, 2010

Apron Card

**The Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge card for the Sunday 6/26 challenge.**
Oh this was a fun card to make. I have a tendency to shy away from non-traditional cards so this was, in fact, a true challenge to me. I made this for JUGS, they also had the link to the template.  I also chose the colors for the StampTV color challenge this week which was to use pastels. I really played around with for a while before I actually made the card. I used Nina Bracket's Vintage Backgrounds to stamp the yellow of both the apron and stamped image of the apron. I paper pieced quite a bit and had to put the lace around the bottom of the apron because I am sure that Ozzie's Harriet always had lace on the bottom of her apron! Right? I really wouldn't know because I am not an apron person although I should be! Thanks for looking!

Recipe:
Stamps: Sew Pretty and Vintage Backgrounds sold by GinaK
Card Stock: So Safron from SU and Ducks in a Row paper pack from Basic Grey
Other: Lace, ribbon, and a couple of buttons 

6 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Totally adorable. Glad you stepped out of your comfort zone to try this apron card. You chose a delightful color pallet and just made the sweetest Harriet apron with the lace too. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. We appreciate your participation and support. :-) Hope to see you again next week.

craftieodmae said...

this is one super gorgeous apron card!!!

Maria said...

Aren't these apron cards a blast to make? I love what you did, images, colors! Nice job and thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this week.

Andrea M said...

Great card! Lovely colors and details. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

Dana Gustafson said...

Love the Gina K stamps you chose for this projecta nd the sweet colors. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

Lisa Kind said...

I believe Harriet's apron always had lace on her apron! Your lace is perfect! Love the vintage images and the colors/papers you used! Very pretty apron! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls!