Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summer Memory

Here is my second card for Gina's challenge.Talk about getting it under the wire! Whew! This memory is of our summer vacations shortly after we came to the US. Our second summer here dad got a tent and we went exploring. My brother and I stuck together like glue that first summer. We used a map and explored the area around us in PA. Dad loved to take pictures so the camera is for that. The map was always on mom's lap wherever we went. Mom had a knack for knowing where we were and how to get home. That was really good considering the maps were in English and mom certainly couldn't speak it very well. Fun times - thanks for walking us through memory lane Gina. 

I used "The Journey" stamp set from GinaK. The map is October Afternoon's Road Map - Pure Luxury Cranberry Tart - and Turquoise Sea. I colored the images using Copics. Thanks for the visit and the stroll through memory lane!

3 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You have me so curious as to what part of PA you were living in! I am near Vally Forge. Great card.

craftieodmae said...

This is gorgeous!!!!

Kary said...

Miesje - this card is lovely! I love how you coloured the image and the little camera charm is so cute!