Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer Fun

I just love summer! I know that some of that has to do with me be a teacher and having 8 weeks off, but it is more than that. I have time to do some things that I normally would not do such as organizing a closet or mowing the lawn or reading an entire book in just a couple of days. The absolute best part about summer is spending some time with those I love. I have a 33 year old mentally challenged daughter who lost her job and has too much free time. I also have lots of grandchildren. For Easter each of the grandchildren picked a "gift". Each gift had something different on it. Kylie picked lunch with Grandma and Aunt Katie. So yesterday I picked both of them up and we had lunch together. I have already done "make a craft with grandma" and "make chocolates with grandma". My DH has done already done "trip to Coldstone Ice Cream with grandpa", "go for a boat ride with grandpa", and has "Make chocolate chip cookies with grandpa" coming up. Next week Gabby and I will do lunch with just the two of us, I think she is picking CeeCee's Pizza. We both still have a few "just with grandpa or grandma" dates coming up. I am so incredible blessed!  

This card is going out in the mail today for 3 of my grandchildren who we do not get to spend time with. I make them a card every month and this one is for them. I love the bright sunny colors and I think that this card just screams SUMMER! This was also for a sketch challenge on StampTV. Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe:
Stamps: Beach Bum - GinaK
Paper: GinaK Pure Luxury Turquoise Sea and Sweet Mango
Designer Paper: DCWV Citrus
Other: Copics to color, flower border punch, oval Nesties
 

1 comment:

Becky said...

You do not look old enough to be a grandmother..:) This is a fabulous card, so fun and full of color, great job on this challenge