Sunday, June 6, 2010

Smile

Doesn't this image make you smile? I often think that God smiles at us and our antics. What do you think the duck is saying to the snail? Or perhaps the duck is listing to the snail! We don't really know; but I am someone who would like to know.

The scripture  for the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge this week is from the book of Genesis (1:26). God created all the animals and I do sometimes wonder why we have yucky bugs or scary alligators. I am a questioner - why does God allow bad things to happen - why are there so many sad things? Why is my one daughter mentally challenged - why is my mother suffering with the aftereffects of the strokes - why is my friend going through the horrors of cancer treatment? So may questions. I have learned, however, that some of the answers come with time and some we may not know until we join Him in Heaven - in the meantime SMILE, we are loved and He is in charge. 

This card was made with a stamp set from GinaKDesigns called Spring Has Sprung. The DP is from the BasicGrey paper pad called Lime Rickey. I also used Pure Luxury Wild Dandelion and Turquoise Sea from GinaK. I colored the image with Copics. Have a great week and don't forget to SMILE! 

8 comments:

Grace said...

Oh what an adorable and fun image Miesje! I love this little duck!!! I think he's listening!! hehehe! Love the fun papers and colors... great texture! Love it!

craftieodmae said...

oh what a beautiful card. Love that image. I have worked with the adult mentally challenged for the past 29 years now, I love my job and they have helped me become the person I am. I see things through their eyes at times and appericate so many things we take for granted. they are a blessing.

Becky said...

This is adorable, the picture and design paper goes so perfect.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh this is so sweet Meisje!! Love your image and design!! So summery and sweet! The dp is perfect! Awesome take on the animals challenge this week!
hugs,
Chris

Anonymous said...

Miesje, this is so stinking cute!!! i think the little ducky is giving that snail a big good morning squawk. The BG paper you chose is a perfect backdrop to this whimsical image. Have a great week!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Miesje, this is just adorable! Makes me smile! And, I know what you mean... there are so many questions and it's hard to understand and be patient sometimes, but we must trust God. Fear (anger, sadness, etc) knocked at the door, Faith answered and no one was there.

Hugs,
Lisa

peggysue said...

I think they are whispering delightful secrets to each other, or telling each other just how glad they are that you took the time to make them into such a beautiful card! Very cute!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Miesje - this is just adorable - I love that darling duck - it is perfect for this weeks challenge - I do appreciate your thoughts as well - life is a mystery and the truth will all be revealed in His time! Thanks for sharing Miesje! {{{hugs}}}