Sunday, June 6, 2010

Enjoy your Day

I made this card today for Theresa's May Stamp set release on StampTV. Today was a hot day in here in Florida so I spent the afternoon in my craft room - lucky me! I wanted to make a card that expressed how I feel. My last day of work for the next couple of months was on Friday so I am officially on Summer Vacation! I do think that is why many of us become teachers - we like summer vacation! LOL! On Friday I also got my nice big box full of goodies from GinaK and in that box was this designer paper pack by DCWV called Citrus. It has such cheery colors I just had to use it. I also got my Scor-Pal recently (oh happy day!) and decided to make a gate fold card for this card. I used the Pure Luxury CS white, sweet mango, and turquoise sea. What a great combo! I popped up the flowers and the butterfly. It really is a cheery card and I think I will leave it up on my craft room to remind me to "Enjoy the Day" and to thank God for it!

7 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Oh, I just love the bright, sparkly colors! So beautiful how you added the small flowers to the leafy branch. Gorgeous!! Thank you for showcasing my set so beautifully this month!!!

Becky said...

I just got this set, I love it..And this is gorgeous.

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous, so full of life!!!

Kary said...

Miesje - this is such a lovely card!! I love the stamped image, it feels so summery! Great colours to coordinate with the patterned paper. And I love the view from your craft room. :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Congrats on being Theresa's GD for June! Your cards were stunning - how validating to be asked to be a Guest Designer!!

Estelle said...

Your cards are simply beautiful!! So glad you got roped into doing this and sharing it.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing all of your creativity with us!