Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Easter Blessings

My goodness this card was a long time in the making. It started out as a purple challenge last week, didn't like it so put it aside. Then I had a different Lovely Label stamp all inked and colored - - didn't like it and put it aside. Then tonight I looked at the challenge on StampTV and it was to use diamonds. Eureka! Out came my cuttlebug for the diamond background - found the Lovely Label that had teeny diamonds in it and tilted it so that it was also a diamond. Then I remembered the JUGS challenge for this week and it all came together. I stamped the flower image from GinaK Spring Florals and cut it out very carefully. I also colored the flowers and the teeny, tiny diamonds with Copics. Whew! Now I am exhausted!

5 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Isn't it funny how sometimes things just need time t come together! Your completed card is lovely!!

Dana Gustafson said...

Yay! I love when things just come together after having time to marinate! Gorgeous and wonderful card in purple and diamonds. Thank you for playing in the Just Us Girls sketch challenge this week!

craftieodmae said...

Just beautiful! Love the color

AKiteFlier said...

Beautiful! I love it when things come together that way - and you showed us all again why we never part with those pieces - that just become useful sometime in the future! Thanks so much for supporting Just Us Girls by participating in our challenges. We appreciate your playing along with us. Hope to see you again on Saturday for my next challenge for the group ☺

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous Easter card! love how you paper pieced the beautiful blossom. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls sketch challenge this week!