Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Thanks Sew Much

I really liked the way this card turned out. I have made a lot of cards with pinks and purples lately (gee, must be the season of Lent in my heart). So when the challenge came from Gina on StampTV to make a card with pinks I was not prepared to be excited about it. So I was happily surprised to watch it come together. Isn't it neat when a card seems to make itself and all the elements just flow together? The basket of yarn was fun to color with my Copics. I used designer paper from Cosmo and the pink is Pure Luxury from GinaK. I scattered a few pearls on the cuttlebugged background too.The layout is for the CPS challenge this week. This card is also for Nina's Blog Anniversary and so the stamps are from Nina Bracket called Nana's Needlework. Great set! Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Lea L. said...

Very pretty card! The embossed background is perfect...it resembles buttons! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥♥♥Lea

A Consuming Passion said...

It's so hard to make a card that's not good with this gorgeous image - I love yours with the embossed portion at the top set with pearls - just beautiful!!
Hey I like the viewfrom your craft room!! Fabulous.
I was interested to read you have 8 children I'm one of 8 and you don't hear so much of larger families these days! Good luck with Nina's challenge.

NinaB said...

I love how you colored the basket and those polka dots are just the perfect background. Thanks for playing along with my sketch, Miesje.