Sunday, March 14, 2010

Thanks with a T

I made this card for a special thanks for a special friend. If you follow this blog at all you know that my oldest son and his wife have recently adopted 3 little girls - well this adoption gives them 6 children, all adopted and all are ages 8 and under. So, to shorten this story a little, a friend of mine from work is making all 6 of the children t-shirts with their initials and so I made this card for my friend Mary to thank her for making the t-shirts for my grandchildren. I also made this as a challenge for StampTV. The challenge was to use the colors yellow, wine, and kraft. I found the designer paper in my huge supply of paper that I have been gathering for years. I paper-pieced the tee shirt and used the cuttlebug folder for the circle background. Thanks so much for looking. Have a good week. This sketch is loosely based on the sketch challenge this week from CPS Card Sketches

2 comments:

redwasher1 said...

What a beautiful card!!! So wonderful that your son and wife have opened their home and hearts to expand their families!

Lea L. said...

What a fun card! The embossing adds so much to it!! What a nice friend you have, and your kids must be SO busy with such a full house! I bet it is full of love though! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

♥♥♥Lea