Sunday, May 23, 2010

Blessed

Happy Pentecost Sunday dear friends! It is time for another challenge from Stampin Sisters in Christ. This week we are going vintage. The scripture message states that we are all " as an unclean thing" but the next verse says that "You Lord are our Father; we are the clay and you the potter". It is often good to read the verses before and after to get a better understanding of the verse.  My husband and I went to Mass tonight and the message was wonderful. Being Pentecost Sunday the focus was on the Holy Spirit! Father talked about having to listen to the Holy Spirit and how can we listen if we always have i-pods in and the tv on. In order to really hear we have to have quiet time. Quiet time to reflect on our many gifts and how to use them, quiet time to really hear where our gifts are needed. We can't keep them to ourselves - they must be shared! May we all treasure those times when we are really listening to Jesus.

This card turned out better than I thought it would! I love that! I found the DP in my old Stampin Up stash and decided to "play" with those colors. I partnered that with some green and red. I distressed the edges and did a lot of sponging. I made the paper flower with a stamped image piece of coral cs. The stamped image is from Vintage Backgrounds from Nina Bracket sold by GinaK Designs. I used several gem brads, some red ribbon, a branch punch from Martha Stewart. The words are from a set called "Thanks a Million" also sold by GinaK. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!    

5 comments:

Becky said...

This is beautiful Miesje, love when a plan comes together. Just like God's plans for us.
It is so true we need to be quite to hear what the Spirit is saying.

Anonymous said...

Miesje, love, love, love your homemade flower and how you popped up the DP flower, too!! Great thoughts today!

craftieodmae said...

Your card is beautiful and I love teh sentiment!

peggysue said...

Beautiful! What a gorgeous flower and card you made, so happy to come here each week and see your creations.

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the sentiment! Anesha