Sunday, May 16, 2010

Happy Birthday DH



This weekend we had the joy of babysitting 3 of our grandchildren (7, 5, 2 yrs old)! They were so wonderfully good but it did not allow much time for stamping! Over on StampTV there is the Monday color challenge and I have known what I wanted to make but I had not completed it until tonight - after the kids were tucked in with prayers and kisses! The color challenge was black, white, and gray. Easy! I had my image stamped (Eclectic Summer by GinaKDesigns) and embossed and the card stock cut. The layout was being difficult and I only had 30 minutes left!!! Quick checked some other challenges that I frequent for a sketch layout - aha - thank you Card Patterns Sketch #64! I was on a roll - threw it together, took the picture and loaded it on with about 2 minutes to spare! That was a close one! 

Now why would I choose that image for my DH 60th birthday? You see we raised our 8 children in this big wonderful 8 bedroom house that we had added onto several times and had finally decided to move into a smaller 4 bedroom house on a lake. We sold the first house to our second son and moved in here just 2 months after our last son left for college. We did NOT experience empty nest - we re-experienced each other! One of our favorite ways to spend time together is to go out on our boat and chug around the lake and just talk. So this card is for him - my friend, my lover, my dear husband of almost 39 years! Happy Birthday Jerry!

4 comments:

papertrails leaver said...

such a dramatic card! Very pretty I love your blog header!

craftieodmae said...

ah how sweet, 39 years, thats great! Happy Birthday to him and good luck with the challenge!

whoistracy said...

This is gorgeous! Love the b&w color combo and that silhouette image.

dstandard said...

WOW gorgeous card! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!