Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sing

Happy Sunday and welcome once again to the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge. This week is all about singing. My husband is the cantor at our church and sings his joyful praise every week and several times during the week to practice. I, however, cannot sing - - I am serious - - I really cannot sing! So I use my gifts in anther way. I teach religion at the school where I work, I am a Minister of the Word which means that I do the readings at mass about once a month. Isn't it wonderful how we can all use the gifts that we are given in such unique ways to give thanks and praise. I am a fan of contemporary Christian music and this school year my theme for my class was "Thank You" by 33 miles (the link will bring you to YouTube with song and lyrics). It is a song with a daily reminder to Thank God for everything. 

Okay - on with the card. I had so much fun making this card! I have had this image for quite a while and not used it. When I saw the challenge I knew exactly what I was going to use. The little girl image is called Heart Sing Jolline from MFT. I used the musical score from the set called Vintage Borders by Nina Bracket which is sold by GKD. I colored her with Copic markers and popped up slightly her hair. I used a few flowers that I had for some embellishment. The DP is from October Afternoon's Ducks in Row. I think that about does it for this week. I will be back next Sunday with another card. See you then and thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous! Love that image and your coloring rocks!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Miesje - this is just perfect for this week;s Stampin' SIsters in Christ Challenge - I love that image and she is perfect sitting on the music! Well done Miesje - you are very creative! Thanks for sharing, it is a blessing having you on the GDT! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Grace said...

Hi Miesje! What an adorable card you created!!! I love your sweet image propped on the sheet music and the cute musical notes! Great sentiment! So glad you are guest designing with us at SSCC! We love seeing your great work! Blessings on your week!

Kathy W. said...

What an awsome card. Thanks for sharing with us:)