Sunday, May 9, 2010

Faith is....

Faith is knowing - - and living accordingly through worship and lifestyle. It is not always easy to hold that faith foremost in my heart and mind and that is something that I strive for constantly. I can look at the ocean and I see the vast expanse of God's love for us. I see the shells on the beach and the beauty and uniqueness that God creates and I often overlook. I knew that I somehow wanted to make a card that had an image of that vast love and beauty.  The challenge for this week on Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenges (SSCC) is to create a card using brown, blue and white. There are a lot of variations in those colors so have fun with it.

Melanie Muenchinger's stamp set "Gifts from the Sea" (sold by GinaKDesigns). came to mind when I reflected on the scripture and the challenge for this week and my card just begged to have these images of the shells. Wanting to show the vastness of the ocean I found the smaller image of the sailboat and threw that on there. I know, I know; the shells are a bit large on the beach in proportion with the ocean but that is just the way it is going to have to be. I used some of GinaK's Tan Leather card stock for the beach. In fact, when I was playing with a bleaching technique a while ago I accidentally put this card stock on the dish that had the bleach for just a second and a corner of the CS got a discolored. I did not throw it away and found it when I was looking for beach colored paper! That just reaffirms why I never toss the mistakes and scraps into the garbage!

So here is my card for this week. Thanks for coming by for a look and I will be back next week. Until then - God Bless and I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day.

6 comments:

craftieodmae said...

your card is beautiful, enjoyed your write up also. have a wonderful blessed Mother's Day.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Miesje - your card is lovely and so are your words! I love the beautiful scene you have created - it is so soothing and works so well with these colours. It is great having you as GDT this month, you are a blessing and your work is inspiring - I love the view from your window - beautiful! Thansk for sharing!! {{{hugs}}}

peggysue said...

Miesje, another lovely card and such great thoughts you shared as well. The ocean is vast and I hadn't thought of it as a representation of God's love for us, what a wonderful picture. It could be Lake Michigan too, you cannot see the other side any more than the ocean. Thank you for such beautiful imagery this week.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Meisje!! Love your ocean scene, coloring and design. Awesome take on today's challenge! Have a great week!
hugs,
Chris

Anonymous said...

Miesje, your words are so inspiring and your card is just lovely. You captured the essence of the expansive sea beautifully. I am so happy to have you joining us this month as your work is beautiful. Have a great rest of the week.

theneon said...

Your Stamping' Sisters in Christ contribution is inspiring. The colors were perfect for your canvas!